SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Route 91 fest Vegas shooting?
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 87

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Route 91 fest Vegas shooting? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Imagine that

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
Zero Hedge article is skeptical of msm accounts of shooting...

Against my better judgement, I clicked the link and read the 16 points. Every single one has been debunked in this thread, is factually wrong, or is just plain stupid.

Yup, I'm that much dumber for having read that page this morning.
Shooter on the 4th floor...fire alarm strobe, wheres the broken window anyways?

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:

a 64-year-old retired accountant with a flabby physique that had no military training whatsoever and that wasn’t very experienced with guns

Yeah, as if you have to be buff and athletic to blindly fire into a large crowd from an elevated position. . . Roll Eyes

That right there is enough to discredit this 'source.'

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
Yeah, as if you have to be buff and athletic to blindly fire into a large crowd from an elevated position. . . Roll Eyes

Especially if, as was reported, he had some of the rifles mounted on tripods.

(Although who knows how accurate that is, at this point. Some LE source may have told reporters "some of the rifles had bipods", and the news then reports "the guns were on tripods".)

There are no tripods in the three photos from the hotel room, but those only show part of the multi-room suite.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I haven't read this whole thread, seeing some conspiratorial questions. Anyone bring up "Parallax View"?

I do see Paddock was prescribed anti-anxiety meds in June, there's a wild card.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.co...-can-cause-paranoia/

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
I haven't read this whole thread, seeing some conspiratorial questions. Anyone bring up "Parallax View"?
Only you

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Only you
And you alone.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I at this point in time I will not lock into just one shooter or multiple shooters. As an investigator tunnel vision is not your friend.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Report This Post
Picture of robbiedog
posted Hide Post
Former VP candidate Tim Kaine wisely states that if the shooter had a silencer many more would have died. Because, obviously, a silencer would have reduced the sound of his weapons to a mild pfffftt like in the movies rather than the very loud BAP BAP BAP BAP BAP in real life.
Sorry if already posted. I'd post a link but I prefer not to feed the beast. Easy enough to find though.

Posts: 136 | Location: East Texas | Registered: December 21, 2003Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robbiedog:
Former VP candidate Tim Kaine wisely states that if the shooter had a silencer many more would have died. Because, obviously, a silencer would have reduced the sound of his weapons to a mild pfffftt like in the movies rather than the very loud BAP BAP BAP BAP BAP in real life.
Sorry if already posted. I'd post a link but I prefer not to feed the beast. Easy enough to find though.

The parrot only repeats what HRC already said. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

It would also have allowed his bullets to pass through windows without breaking them, leaving law enforcement completely unable to see the two broken windows at Manadalay Bay...oh wait Roll Eyes

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Report This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

The parrot only repeats what HRC already said. Roll Eyes

Interestingly enough so has the Canadian media. Easy to see where they get their info from.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1492 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
It would also have allowed his bullets to pass through windows without breaking them, leaving law enforcement completely unable to see the two broken windows at Manadalay Bay...oh wait Roll Eyes

Couple pages back we'd discussed shooting thru biplane propeller and phase shifting windows while using a bump-fire stock.

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
quote:
Only you
And you alone.

Thinking outside the envelope. I've got others, they're all better than gambling debts but I'll cool it.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thinking outside the envelope. I've got others, they're all better than gambling debts but I'll cool it.
Not to worry. You'll find plenty fans of fiction on the internet.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do see Paddock was prescribed anti-anxiety meds in June, there's a wild card.

Valium. Perhaps the most widely prescribed medication on the planet. Used also as a muscle relaxant, sleep aid, alcoholism, etc. I think every housewife in America has a bottle of Valium in their medicine cabinets. Not exactly a "wild card".

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
The event was about 36 hours ago and it seems that all of Monday was spent by most across the country in a hollowed out shell of sadness.

But by 8:00 last night my wife's book group was in a state of high dudgeon about the guns. She said that the conversation points of "no one needs...why do they have to have...that kind of gun ought to be illegal..." was all they talked about. She remained quiet and left early.

She didn't recall anyone talking about the victims or the rescuers because, wait for it: guns are bad.

It didn't take long did it?

Like Rich, the singer, said: people say that the victims and the rescuers are in their thoughts and prayers, well really do it, really get on your knees and pray". Best thing I've heard on TV since Sunday.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

Valium. Perhaps the most widely prescribed medication on the planet. Used also as a muscle relaxant, sleep aid, alcoholism, etc. I think every housewife in America has a bottle of Valium in their medicine cabinets. Not exactly a "wild card".

Any anti-depressant can be a big problem for some. They can be a catalyst to some already troubled people. If Paddock had enough anxiety to look for help, he was troubled. You'll find a lot of troubled folks here, pick a drug, someone here is struggling with it --

http://survivingantidepressants.org/?_fromLogin=1

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
^ Bless their hearts.

At best, it's well intentioned naivety and simple minded wishful thinking. I know some who are just emotional enough / not logical enough that they naturally fall into that line of thinking, whether it's guns, motorcycles, or a hundred other "dangerous things". It's usually the wives of friends, but it's not necessarily a female thing. Basic naivety, IMO.

At best.

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Sheriff says Paddock might have been "radicalized."

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10...ve-been-radicalized/

Meanwhile, ISIS doubled down on their claim that Paddock was a jihadi, identifying him as "Abu Abd al-Bar al-Amriki."
Umm, no:
quote:
Speaking to reporters, Lombardo said, “I want to understand the motivation that you described, okay, to prevent any future incidents, and, you know, did this person get radicalized unbeknownst to us? And we want to identify that source.”
He said nothing. Those words mean nothing. He said he wants to understand the guy's motivation. Well, no shit, Sherlock. You're the sheriff. But don't tell us what you want. Tell us what you know.
And he told us nothing. There's a reason for that- he knows nothing about the guy's motivation.

The shooter sent his girlfriend on a trip because he needed her out of the way. Would he go to Vegas under normal circumstances without his girlfriend? Of course not, but if she was out of the country...

Also, he wanted to give her money. Is he going to strap 100K to her body and see if she can make it through customs? Of course not. He wired it to her once she was overseas.

There's nothing complicated about any of this, it seems to me. He was insane and wanted to kill as many people as possible before he killed himself, and leave his mark on the world in the process.

But no, we get "WAS HE RADICALIZED??" and questions about his political leanings, in the face of a complete lack of any such evidence.

Come on

Oh, ISIS claimed responsibility? Yeah, that makes sense, if you were born yesterday.

Not to be argumentative, but in the spirit of an open discussion: I don't think the reporter said anything about radicalization, just "what was his motive?" So the sheriff brought in that highly charged word, and I think that might be significant.

Also, ISIS rarely takes credit for attacks unless they actually have in fact been behind the attack. There are only 2 such instances-- where they falsely took credit-- and one of the two is still in question. They doubled down on this claim about Paddock, and, again, I think that is significant.

What puzzles me about this discussion-- of possible ISIS involvement-- is that all I'm saying (and some others)-- is that this looks like it could be a carefully planned terrorist attack. Could it NOT be? Sure. I would not ridicule that possibility. I don't understand, under the circumstances, why the possibility of ISIS-connected terrorism is ridiculed. Again, not argumentative. I just don't understand that.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post