SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Route 91 fest Vegas shooting?
Page 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 87

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Route 91 fest Vegas shooting? Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
This week the dark web has been asserting that Campos, the security guard, was the actual shooter & that he off'ed his partner, Paddock, to deflect the focus onto him and to escape the scene.

Now Foxnews is reporting that Campos has bolted prior to interviews and cannot be found. They go on to specifically state that Campos doesn't have much social media background - implicitly making an insinuation on some level, perhaps. They continue to befuddle the timeline.

It seems more like they are building up the plot for a movie script rather than reporting news. Next they will report that the bullet wound to his leg was a ricochet off the hotel room glass Roll Eyes It looks like Sams & Costco will be running out of their industrial size rolls of Tin foil before Monday...

PS Maybe they can reunite Mark Wahlberg, Michael Pena, Kate Mara & Rhona Mitra. I wonder if Danny Glover is "too old for this shit".

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
It seems more like they are building up the plot for a movie script rather than reporting news. Next they will report that the bullet wound to his leg was a ricochet off the hotel room glass Roll Eyes It looks like Sams & Costco will be running out of their industrial size rolls of Tin foil before Monday...

I lay every bit of blame for this nonsense at the feet of the authorities who have continued to put out bad information followed by conflicting information and then correcting the correction followed by the hotel refuting the corrected correction. Clown show.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

I lay every bit of blame for this nonsense at the feet of the authorities who have continued to put out bad information followed by conflicting information and then correcting the correction followed by the hotel refuting the corrected correction. Clown show.

I wouldn’t exonerate the media from all blame just yet.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I am not trying to make a case that Campos was involved as a partner in the shooting, but there are some things of general interest about him.

He is central to the initial time when Paddock first fired.

Police let Campos leave town, and then the FBI brought him back to question him about the timing. (ABC report)

He is viewed as a hero in disrupting Paddock, yet there have been no interviews with him.

He was wounded in the leg, yet we don't know much about the details.

Seems to be a news vacuum about the guard at the moment.

after posting above, saw this:

Las Vegas security guard Jesus Campos disappears moments before TV interviews

The Mandalay Bay security guard shot by Stephen Paddock in the moments leading up to the worst mass shooting in modern U.S. history was set to break his silence Thursday night with five television interviews, including one on Fox News, Campos' union president said.

Except when the cameras were about to roll, and media gathered in the building to talk to him, Campos reportedly bolted, and, as of early Friday morning, it wasn't immediately clear where he was.

“We were in a room and we came out and he was gone,” Campos' union president told reporters, according to ABC News’ Stephanie Wash.

Campos is represented by the International Union, Security, Police and Fire Professionals of America, which did not respond to requests for comment from Fox News earlier this week.

Fox News' Sean Hannity tweeted out that Campos, who was scheduled to appear on "Hannity" Thursday night, “cancelled” his appearance.

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:

Every time I put together a really good conspiracy theory, they screw it all up on me by changing the information! It's very frustrating. Big Grin

Seriously, Lombardo and the others should get cream pies and seltzer squirts when they go out to face the cameras.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
So Campos fled from a media circus. Maybe he just doesn't want the media attention. I would probably feel the same way.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Campos is represented by the International Union, Security, Police and Fire Professionals of America

Interesting that Campos is a member of a security guard union, but reportedly is not a registered/licensed security guard as required in the state of Nevada.

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
So Campos fled from a media circus. Maybe he just doesn't want the media attention. I would probably feel the same way.

There you go, all making sense again. I would really like me some Rhona Mitra on the big screen again!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe Campos doesn't want to be a modern day Richard Jewell.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I bet if they arrest Campos, some nightclub owner will shoot him while he's being transported to jail

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I bet if they arrest Campos, some nightclub owner will shoot him while he's being transported to jail

Haaaaa! I see what you did there.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

Clown show.

Why are you insulting clowns that way?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31419 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Currently, I believe, there is no indication as to *when* all exists were barricaded.

He could have had an option to exit up until it was nearly over.

But once he'd decided all was lost, he may have sealed up his remaining option(s).

Maybe to buy time/privacy to eat his revolver and not get caught first, or something.

Correct, there is no official timeline. But here is my line of thinking.

The guard was responding to a door ajar alarm. I have to assume this was the stairwell door that the shooter had already bolted shut. I have never seen a guest door with an alarm. I suppose it's possible, but think about how often people prop their doors open, so the stairwell door makes the most sense.

Then it has been reported that when the guard was responding to the alarm, he heard drilling coming from the shooter's room. That is what attracted his attention and when the shooter fired into the hallway.

So, to me, it sounds like he was barricading his door before he ever fired a single shot.

But, my problem is that I am trying to make sense of so many conflicting reports.

Posts: 2285 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Report This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
There are 18 minutes from when the first shots are fired til when the police are notified.

The guard at a top level hotel is not registered as a guard at all, he may or may not be missing.

The audio sounds nothing like a bump stop rifle, but sound a lot like full auto. Not just to me, but to anybody that heard it before they told us it was bump stop semis. One clip sounded like overlapping fire.

It may well have happened like they say it did. It may be something else. All I know is that I don't just swallow what the media and or .gov gives me. I like to chew it a while and see how it tastes to me.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Report This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
This is a case of the FBI investigating a FBI operation that went sideways. The FBI has no intention of releasing accurate information.
Paddock (FBI tool) was selling guns to domestic terrorists. Terrorists saw, via camera, security guard approaching and assumed Paddock had set them up for arrest. They shoot at guard, Then kill Paddock. Then shoot from windows into concert crowd. Then leave hotel.
FBI has no intention of revealing this gun running going sideways.
Tin foil has pretty good reception!

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Heard a great conspiracy theory last night over wings with a few guys on a motorcycle ride.

One of the guys said a customer of his, former special forces in some third world country, retired, said that there is a big company that makes security systems, mostly for governments, airports etc and they have been trying to break into the hotel industry as it may be worth billions of new sales.

So basically the whole thing was setup by a multinational corporation who wanted to create an internationally seen event that could have been stopped if their equipment was in place as they'd have found the guy bringing in all those guns.

So it was corporate greed so to speak...

Then the next conspiracy theory surrounded the lack of brass in the room, and that none was found on the ground, so the guy was a pasty in a setup, perhaps his family threatened if he didn't cooperate, he was put in the room, and sacrificed while the shooters were not in the room, he sent his GF off to protect her,

All kinds of future novel and movie plots developing...

Posts: 23366 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
There are 18 minutes from when the first shots are fired til when the police are notified. ...

18 minutes of recording missing from Nixon's tapes.

Coincidence? I think not.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
So Campos fled from a media circus. Maybe he just doesn't want the media attention.
It's the logical answer.

Fifty eight innocent people were murdered and this schmoe who is just tryin' to make a living is suddenly being pursued by the Great Unblinking Eye.

It ain't rocket surgery to figure this out.

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

No: They arrest Campos, and while being transported to jail he is shot by-- OJ Simpson! Who reveals that Campos was Nicole's and Ron's real killer!

Across the country it sounds like popcorn popping as conspiracy theorists' heads explode. Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Maybe Campos doesn't want to be a modern day Richard Jewell.

Yeah, this was my thought, as well.

Jewell was the guy who discovered the backpack bomb at the Atlanta Olympics and started evac'ing people from the location. Due to excessive media incompetence, he was unjustly labeled as a 'suspect,' and instead of being treated like a hero for saving lives, he had to flee the idiots who thought he was the bomber.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post