SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Route 91 fest Vegas shooting?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 87

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Route 91 fest Vegas shooting? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Sounded like full auto or perhaps an add on to do that function?

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=598_1506928481

My God, this is awful.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:

My God, this is awful.

Holy shit...

One news outlet is saying at least 20 dead and 100 injured...

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Report This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
Ive got a friend out there. His wife wasn't feeling well and they left the concert about 10 minutes before the shooting started.

Jesus Christ

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
quote:

My God, this is awful.

Holy shit...

Damn! Also, 2 off-duty cops who were attending the concert were killed.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...-1-suspect-down.html

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
quote:

My God, this is awful.

Holy shit...

Damn! Also, 2 off-duty cops who were attending the concert were killed.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...-1-suspect-down.html

Motherfucker...

Find the pricks behind this....

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Report This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Radio this morning said one shooter, now dead. Police still looking for a possible companion. Reports of other related shootings on the strip are not accurate.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
SUMMARY INFORMATION.... SUMMARY INFORMATION....

PLEASE DON'T QUOTE THIS IN YOUR POST... I'M UPDATING AS I HEAR NEW INFO.

I am trying to limit to information confirmed by multiple sources or statements by LV police. The MSM is reporting items that are incorrect or outdated. Not suggesting malice, simply chaos reigns. That and the MSM bullshit experts are speculating on all kinds of theories.

----------------------------------------
UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER SENT OUT REQUEST FOR BLOOD DONATIONS.
GO TO UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER OR:
United Blood Services
4950 W. Craig Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89130
(702) 645-3600

United Blood Services
6930 W. Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89117
(702) 228-4483
-----------------------------------
As of 1200 EDT

58+ dead. More than >515 injured (many likely trampled in stampede that resulted).

One LV police officer KIA (was off-duty and in audience). Per LV Sheriff.

One shooter, Stephen Craig Paddock a 64 yo, Caucasian male from Mesquite, NV now dead, via suicide as SWAT breached door. CONFIRMED BY LV SHERIFF.

Believed to be the manager of apartment complex.

His brother said the family has no idea why this occurred.

Looking for two cars, a Hyundai Tuscon, NV tag 114B40 and a Chrysler Pacifica Touring, NV tag 19D401. BOTH VEHICLES NOW LOCATED CONFIRMED BY LV SHERIFF.

Female associate Name is Marilou Danley, Asian, 4'11", 111 lbs. 63 years old. NOW IN LOCATED OUTSIDE US, CONFIRMED BY LV SHERIFF.

No other shooters known.

No explosives save for the breaching charge used to enter room where shooter was firing from.

Shooter fired from Mandalay Bay Hotel, 32nd floor. Room overlooks Route 91 open air concert venue.

Per LV Sheriff shooter had been in the room starting 28 SEPT 2017.

SHOOTER HAD FULL AUTO WEAPON OR BUMP TRIGGER. You can hear it plainly in multiple videos taken by concert goers. It fires so long it sounds like it might be a belt fed machine gun or large cap drum mags. At least three reloads. Reports shooter had 10 guns in room.

Red Cross set up center at Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department headquarters, 400 South Martin Luther King for families to go to if they can't reach a loved one.

Red Cross call center for people seeking information on loved ones who are unaccounted for is 1-866-535-5654.

Does not appear linked to international terrorism. FBI rejects ISIS claim of responsibility. PER FBI at the noontime Eastern Briefing.

Likely lone madman.

Venue was three-day country music festival, final act. 22,000 fans in open air fish bowl. Shooter to audience distance was a few hundred yards.

Prayers for all involved.

Kudos to LV SWAT, for fast response. It was fast enough they must have been prepositioned nearby.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig2340,

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
Radio this morning said one shooter, now dead. Police still looking for a possible companion. Reports of other related shootings on the strip are not accurate.

Same here. reporting one shooter, on the 32nd floor, with a possible female accomplice at large

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Holy fuck, now FOX says 50 dead, 200 injured,

Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Holy crap, just saw a report that LE is saying there are more than 50 dead. What a terrible day, this shit just keeps coming

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Sad,sad,morning it is....... prayers to all the families, injured, and all involved.......Oh my Gosh..................

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
I just caught a news conference by the LV Sheriff.

One shooter, now dead. Name Steven Paddock, 65 yo, Asian descent male, local resident.
Looking for two cars, a Hyundai Tuscon, NV tag 114B40.
Chrysler Pacifica Touring, NV tag 19D401.
Female associate sought, involvement unknown. Name is Marilou Danley, Asian, 4'11", 111 lbs. 63 years old.

No other shooters known.
No explosives save for the breaching charge used to enter room where shooter was firing from.

Shooter fired from Mandalay Bay 32nd floor.

50+ dead. More than >200 injured (many likely trampled in stampede that resulted).

SHOOTER HAD FULL AUTO WEAPON. You can hear it plainly in multiple videos taken by concert goers. It fires so long it sounds like it might be a belt fed machine gun.

Red Cross set up center at Sheriff HQ for families to call if they can't reach a loved one.

Prayers for all involved.

UPDATE

Shooter is Steven Paddock.
No criminal record.
No real social media footprint.

Report I'm watching is saying multiple machine guns.

Report I just read said “Paddock was known to local law enforcement” meaning they’ve had incidents with him before?

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
SHOOTER HAD FULL AUTO WEAPON. You can hear it plainly in multiple videos taken by concert goers. It fires so long it sounds like it might b

My thought is a 30 caliber, not 223 due to the fatality rate. Also concur full auto.

Other observations from the Forum?

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2081 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for all. God Bless Frown

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3053 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I thought it sounded somewhat like an M-60, firing maybe 450 rpm. The big question inn my mind is "was the gun papered, and to whom?"

A very sad occurrence.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Horrible tragedy. Senseless. Frown

Prayers to all affected.

---------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Has the shooter been ID'd? Name?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
sig2340 reported

Shooter is Steven Paddock.
No criminal record.
No real social media footprint.

According to the police reports he was 64 years old and a local resident. His home is being searched.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Stephen Craig Paddock. 64yo, Caucasian male, now dead. Believed to manage apartment complex in Mesquite, NV.

Lone shooter. No apparent ties to international terrorism, very minimal social media footprint.

Updated name to ph vs v spelling.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post