SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Route 91 fest Vegas shooting?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 87

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Route 91 fest Vegas shooting? Login/Join 
posted
I have a friend who just posted on Facebook that there is a mass shooting at the route 91 fest he is at in vegas, blood everywhere. I have tried to call him multiple times but no answer. I also don't see anything on the news or google, is he just screwing with me?

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a text back saying he isn't joking, he saw people get shot and go down. Someone is firing into the crowd at the concert. He made it to his rental car and is getting the fuck out. His hotel room was at Mandalay Bay but he says he is calling the police and heading to the airport. Still nothing on the news networks.

If this falls under the no active shooting rule, feel free to delete. I guess I was hoping it was a sick prank.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Report This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Twitter is active on it, all speculation though. Glad your friend made it out.

https://twitter.com/search?q=r...serp%7Ctwgr%5Esearch

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
http://news3lv.com/news/local/...l-on-las-vegas-strip

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the links. My friend had deleted his initial post that didn't have much information at all, so I was hoping it wasn't true. But a few minutes later he had a longer post with more details.

This doesn't look good. He said someone was shooting into a packed crowd, he saw lots of people go down.

Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
fuck....
the GF is in that hotel for a conference right now...

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
fuck....
the GF is in that hotel for a conference right now...

He says he thought it was coming from Mandalay Bay, which is why he went to the airport instead of his hotel. Just his guess, not a fact.

Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
No answer on her cell... I assume she's sleeping.

I just called another coworker who is out there with her. They're all staying in that exact hotel (Mandalay Bay) - he said the shooting happened at the opposite end of the complex from where they're at.

See this is why I don't go places..

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Report This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
My wife is their on business and she said the strip is closed down. she said it's at mandalay bay

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Report This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Reports of shootings at multiple locations.....

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Report This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Sheesh.
https://twitter.com/BigToneMMA...s/914733072439926784

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
What’s battlefield Vegas?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. Prayers for those in Vegas.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Report This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Definitely real. Listening to LV scanner now.

Broadcastify feed 21038
Prayers to all.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Report This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Jesus.

My thoughts to all, and hope those responsible are quickly dealt with... hopefully in a taxpayer friendly way.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Report This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I was listening to the on line LVMPD scanner feed for a bit before the server crashed. They killed one suspect on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Report This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
It's all sorts of fucked up around here. but it seems to be mostly under control.

Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
I was listening to the on line LVMPD scanner feed for a bit before the server crashed. They killed one suspect on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel.

Shooting out of the 32nd floor? That is a planned attack for sure.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
On the road listening to the news. They had some sound footage. Sounded automatic, not that it changes the horror. Just worrried about how much worse this will be.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Report This Post