SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Route 91 fest Vegas shooting?
Page 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 87

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Route 91 fest Vegas shooting? Login/Join 
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
So, Mandalay Bay could have stopped the shooting (shots fired 6 mins before he fired on the crowd, police already in bldg on another matter), but they flubbed it and let this maniac murder t8 people.

Big floppy clown shoes, indeed. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
So, Mandalay Bay could have stopped the shooting (shots fired 6 mins before he fired on the crowd, police already in bldg on another matter), but they flubbed it and let this maniac murder t8 people.

They couldn't possibly have had any idea what was about to happen.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

No, but they had first-hand reports from staff of shots fired in the hotel. That should have evoked SOME kind of police response.

Point being, had they been proactive, they COULD have stopped the shooter before his rampage, not after.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
If that security guard did radio in when he was shot, 6 minutes before the guy was shooting into the crowd and Mandalay Bay did nothing then I cant even imagine the fallout. On top of the 10-11 minutes of cops not knowing where to go even when they were in the hotel at first.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Report This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Lots of Zeros attached to that coming dollar sign, I imagine.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

No, but they had first-hand reports from staff of shots fired in the hotel. That should have evoked SOME kind of police response.

Point being, had they been proactive, they COULD have stopped the shooter before his rampage, not after.

I doubt that's true, though there is an army of hearse-chasing shysters who will claim it to be the case.

It's the WTF mental block that causes disbelief in the face of unimaginable events.

For example, it happened at Pearl Harbor when USS Ward reported firing on a sub in the restricted area at the mouth of the harbor. No one believed them then, and their story was only proven about ten years ago when a IJN mini sub with a shell hole right where Ward crewmen claimed to have scored a hit was found in about 4,000 feet of water.

Even if the MB security office went full on Rambo on the initial report, they'd still need to assemble, gear up, get to the floor, recon it, and then act, all of which takes more than six minutes.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
a very controversial story coming out of ABC

they are reporting MGM security did not report the initial shooting at the guard and maintenance worker to the police

ABC says they have several sources that it was not called in to police.

What! There was gunfire! And an employee was SHOT on site. In what world would you not call 911 immediately?

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, very odd. Are all these people on drugs? Did we ride the short bus on half days? Is McFly there?

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
quote:
a very controversial story coming out of ABC

they are reporting MGM security did not report the initial shooting at the guard and maintenance worker to the police

ABC says they have several sources that it was not called in to police.

What! There was gunfire! And an employee was SHOT on site. In what world would you not call 911 immediately?

Exactly.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EmpireState:
Regarding the above story, I have been in situations at work around incredibly stupid and irresponsible people. Something happens and they should be calling 911 but instead do a policy dance and want to notify their supervisor and then that person wants to call their supervisor and so on. Sounds like they wasted a metric ton of time internally and I assume the crap is going to be royally hitting the fan.

Yep. Saw it first hand several times in the military in flight line/maintenance operations.

People so concerned with covering ass, that shit that should never happen, happens.

And sometimes people die.

From piss poor training, to even poorer leadership and the many bootlicking, ass-kissing suck ups trying to do anything but step up and admit a fuck-up, because some twit above their pay-grade is trying to impress or insulate someone above his/her pay-grade.

So, I can see where the "filtering" leading to slow reporting and response could happen.

And as was said, (much like 9-11 and how people now respond to hinky people doing funky and suspicious things) no one at the time knew or expected what came next.

If that is not the lesson learned, nothing else learned truly matters.

React like the SisHTF, cause it just might.

(Meaning, react, respond, stage, be ready and investigate).

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
IF the ABC stories are true, it is immaterial that Mandalay security couldn't foresee the subsequent attack on the crowd.

Mandalay had 2 of their employees trapped on the 32nd floor, one shot, and someone had fired 200 times down the hall. What more do you need to immediately call the police ?

The second story is also a shock. The sheriff let Campos leave town and the FBI brought him back because they thought something was strange about the time line.

Was the sheriff trying to cover for Mandalay ?
Why did Campos leave town so fast ?

At the top of page 68 there are links to the interview with the maintenance worker. Worth watching.

Note the interviewers don't ask anything about the critical time sequence.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mandaly had 2 of their employees trapped on the 32nd floor, one shot, and someone had fired 200 times down the hall. What more do you need to immediately call the police ?
Schwarzenegger in a Harrier.

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Mandaly had 2 of their employees trapped on the 32nd floor, one shot, and someone had fired 200 times down the hall. What more do you need to immediately call the police ?
Schwarzenegger in a Harrier.

Or Stallone in a Huey.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Or Willis in and F-35...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Or Ford in the Millennium Falcon.

Posts: 10912 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Or Chuck Norris, in his skivvies.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Or Willis in and F-35...

What would Gary Coleman be in?

posted Hide Post
This video was good until 5:50 in, then he started losing me.

-----------------
Silenced on the net, Just like Trump

Posts: 578 | Location: SUX | Registered: May 31, 2012Report This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
I dont know about you all but its absolutely stunning to see these videos of people under machine gun fire barely breaking a sweat, strolling...still using the phone.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Or Willis in and F-35...

What would Gary Coleman be in?

Watchoo talkin' 'bout?