SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Route 91 fest Vegas shooting?
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 87

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Route 91 fest Vegas shooting? Login/Join 
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Exactly. The Sheriff seemed to think that because of all the weapons and tannerite, he must've had help getting it in the room or something. Over a course of a few days, I could easily do all of that by myself. He said he must've been a supervillian to do all that by himself. Roll Eyes

Of course he had help. Paid help in fact. They're called bell hops, and then live to move luggage. If he showed up with a bunch of stuff theh probably saw a big tip in their near future and happily moved everything up to his room without question. Happens all the time.Roll Eyes

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
That CBS lawyer that opened her trap now says she is getting death threats on face book. I have no sympathy for her!
Would that be Stayley Gelfman-Goldfarb??

Posts: 107556 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
quote:

On Wednesday, Las Vegas Sheriff Joseph Lombardo revealed a new timeline for the Vegas killings, based on bodycam and CCTV footage.
The previous timeline had been based on the computer-aided dispatch report, which compiled figures based on individuals' timestamps, and so was not as accurate.
Below is the new timeline of Sunday's shooting, as relayed by Lombardo.
About 10pm: Paddock uses a hammer to smash two windows on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Resort, giving him a view over the Route 91 Harvest country music festival, where 22,000 people were watching headline act Jason Aldean perform.
10.05pm: Paddock, who has an arsenal of 23 weapons - 12 of which are semi-automatic rifles equipped with bump-stocks that effectively give them fully automatic fire - fires his first, sustained shots. This is seen on CCTV from the concert venue.
10.12pm: The first two police officers - who were already in the area, and alerted by someone on the 31st floor, arrive at that person's room with a member of hotel security and announce that the gunfire is above them.
10.15pm: Another hotel security guard, responding to complaints from guests and separate from the police investigation, approaches Paddock's room on the 32nd floor.
At this time, Paddock - likely using the two cameras he placed on a room service cart in he hall, and a third he had installed in his door's peephole - is alerted to the guard's presence and fires more than 200 rounds through the door at him.
The last gunfire from Paddock is reported at this time, 10:15pm.
10:17pm: The police officers who were on the 31st floor arrive on the 32nd floor at the central elevator, at the opposite end of the corridor to Paddock's room.
10:18pm: The cops find the security guard - who is, miraculously, only wounded. He gives them the exact location of Paddock's room.
10:26: Eight additional cops arrive and join the 31st floor cops and the injured security guard. Because Paddock is no longer firing, and hasn't for more than 10 minutes, he is assumed to be in barricade mode. It is decided that the first focus should be evacuating the floor.
10:26-10:30pm: All of them - including the injured guard - then clear the rooms on the way to Paddock, looking for wounded or trapped people. The hurt guard is told to seek medical help during this process.
10:55pm: Eight more officers arrive at the other end of the corridor, in a stairwell around two-to-three feet from the door to Paddock's room. They have walked up the stairwell carrying guns and heavy bags of equipment. K-9 units are also there. The stairwell door is secured, but they open it; when they see the cameras on the room service cart they decide to hold back.
11:20pm: Having formulated a plan, the cops use explosives to breach Paddock's door. At this point, he has not fired for more than an hour. They find him dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. They note that there is a second door in the suite that is locked.
11.27pm: The second door is breached; police see that no-one else is in this room and radio in to say that the suspect is down.

It seems that he killed himself with the revolver at 10:15 pm, after hosing the doors with 200 rounds.

Back on Monday evening, I asked what was going on between the reported time the final shots were heard (5 minutes or so in the horrible event) and the time SWAT breached the door 72 minutes after the start. (Page 19 here.) It took a long time to get the answer but now we know.

So, let me get this straight. The mass murderer planned and prepared for this massacre over a period of days or weeks or longer, spent a large amount of money to get everything the way he wanted it, had enough firepower to overthrow a small government and after firing 200 rounds or so at the crowd, he gets interrupted by a knock at the door through which he fires another 200 rounds and then kills himself?

No MMQB from me, but I think that security guard deserves a medal, a reward and a raise. He stopped the massacre. There is no telling how much more pain the mass murdered would have inflicted.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Report This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
That CBS lawyer that opened her trap now says she is getting death threats on face book. I have no sympathy for her!

Reap what you sow bitch. If someone does happen to pop her I’ll be just as concerned about the loss of her life as she was of those in Vegas.

I’ll even post that thought on my FB page, but you won’t see any insincere retraction after the fact like that spineless cunt did.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:

So, now she can pretend that she's the victim.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10920 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:

So, now she's the victim.

With a little luck she just might be...

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
11,500 signatures so far. Spread the word:

https://www.change.org/p/pamel...l-misconduct-against

Picture of rocket72
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:

So, now she can pretend that she's the victim.

She's so radioactive, Gloria Allred and Lisa Bloom won't take her calls without a burner phone. Big Grin

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
after firing 200 rounds or so at the crowd, he gets interrupted by a knock at the door through which he fires another 200 rounds and then kills himself?

I think you must be mistaken about the "firing 200 rounds or so at the crowd". If approx. 500 people were injured, I would think the rounds fired would be more than "200 rounds or so"?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
No, wait, I thought it was money to finance his fellow jihadis.

The truth is so boring, isn't it? Insipid and uninspiring

That would not be my reaction. I was a psych major as an undergrad and did field work with psychotics, and I would be amazed-- not bored-- if this guy was crazy and yet put together such an elaborate, complex plan and executed it almost perfectly. Paranoids can be crafty and methodical, but usually the voice inside their head tells them to do something that is just bizarre.

Given everything we know so far about the shooting, I think it is likely that he had an accomplice or accomplices. Moreover, I think it is possible that ISIS was behind it. I also concede that it could be the case that he did the whole thing alone. Unlikely, but sometimes the unlikely happens. I can see that it is possible.

What I don't understand-- I just don't get this-- is why thinking that he might have had accomplices is ridiculous. Laughable.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NikonUser:

So, let me get this straight. The mass murderer planned and prepared for this massacre over a period of days or weeks or longer, spent a large amount of money to get everything the way he wanted it, had enough firepower to overthrow a small government and after firing 200 rounds or so at the crowd, he gets interrupted by a knock at the door through which he fires another 200 rounds and then kills himself?

No MMQB from me, but I think that security guard deserves a medal, a reward and a raise. He stopped the massacre. There is no telling how much more pain the mass murdered would have inflicted.

He fired over a thousand rounds into the crowd. The 200 were just through the door at the security guard.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
where would a fella look to find out how much energy a .223 round has at 400 or so yards?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54625 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
after firing 200 rounds or so at the crowd, he gets interrupted by a knock at the door through which he fires another 200 rounds and then kills himself?

I think you must be mistaken about the "firing 200 rounds or so at the crowd". If approx. 500 people were injured, I would think the rounds fired would be more than "200 rounds or so"?

The number injured is cumulative for the entire incident, including non-gunshot wounds. So that would be things like falling, getting trampled by other people, running into objects while escaping, etc.

While the perpetrator did fire rounds, the number of rounds is not necessarily strictly proportional to the number of injuries. Sometimes it can only take the perception of danger to cause people to panic and start pushing/running/fighting.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
What I don't understand-- I just don't get this-- is why thinking that he might have had accomplices is ridiculous. Laughable.
Joe, how many times do you plan to say this? I make this as number three in the thread. When will be number four? Are we going to make it off of this page before you again state that you don't understand?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I'm out.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Amateur Astronomer
Picture of Test1968
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
where would a fella look to find out how much energy a .223 round has at 400 or so yards?

Try this link,

link

Alcohol
Tobacco
Firearms

Who brought the chips and dip?

Jim

Posts: 14023 | Location: limbo | Registered: August 29, 2001Report This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I have only seen media reports conflating the 500+ injured as lumped together with shooting victims. It's unclear to me how many were injured by the efforts of taking cover and exodus. In no way do I mean to minimize the experiences and injuries of anyone involved, but I would like clarification on this point. How much was due to projectile injury versus, as someone mentioned many pages ago, a Cincinnatti/Who concert crowd surge?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
I'm out.
Show me some actual evidence. I said this to you after the second time you stated that you don't understand. Evidence. Let's see it. Until then, all we have is speculation.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
Any ballistic computer will do. Of course it will vary depending on the load. 55g vmax carries about 270 ft lbs at 400 yds