SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Route 91 fest Vegas shooting?
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 87

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Route 91 fest Vegas shooting? Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
After looking at the photos a member posted of the hotel room, one thing struck me.

Of all the rounds fired, not a lot of brass is showing.

Perhaps the brass is out of the camera shots.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Nevada reinstated an insanity defense in 2003, after repealing the previous statute in 1995.

“In order to determine whether a person is insane, Las Vegas courts follow the M'Naghten rule:

Insanity under M'Naghten is when the defendant was in a delusional state at the time of the alleged offense due to a disease or defect of the mind that prevented the defendant from either:

knowing or understanding the nature and capacity of his/her act; or

appreciating that his or her conduct was illegal.

Insanity is a very narrow standard in Las Vegas. Delusional beliefs may qualify as insanity only if the delusion, if it were true, would justify committing the crime.”

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
It looks like he had at least 1400 more rounds, or mags that could carry 1400 more rounds. I doubt he neatly stacked the empty mags.

"He neatly stacks the empty mags when he is done being a loon and then he puts the lotion on them." Who knows man, this guy sounds like an odd one.

Posts: 2515 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Report This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
The Feds just said in the presser they found a total of 47 weapons in total. In his homes and the Hotel.

12 bump fire stocks at the hotel.

They also said the bump fire stocks are 100% legal. Not for long I suspect.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3476 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Nevada reinstated an insanity defense in 2003, after repealing the previous statute in 1995.

“In order to determine whether a person is insane, Las Vegas courts follow the M'Naghten rule:

Insanity under M'Naghten is when the defendant was in a delusional state at the time of the alleged offense due to a disease or defect of the mind that prevented the defendant from either:

Insanity is a very narrow standard in Las Vegas. Delusional beliefs may qualify as insanity only if the delusion, if it were true, would justify committing the crime.”

Link
This topic is interesting, but as it relates to the current situation, what does it really matter? The shooter is obviously 'unavailable' for prosecution.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:

Link
This topic is interesting, but as it relates to the current situation, what does it really matter? The shooter is obviously 'unavailable' for prosecution.

There will be no trial but there will be talk, possibly even some thought, so it might be useful to have some idea of what the legal standard is.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
New reports indicate that this country music concert may not have been the shooter's first choice for a target.

He reportedly attempted at a couple different hotels to book rooms overlooking the "Life is Beautiful" music festival held in Vegas on 9/22-9/24, but none of the specific rooms he requested were available for those days.

Posts: 32503 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
I have to go to Las Vegas tomorrow for business. Does anyone familiar with the area know where I can donate blood? Since I'm going to be there I wanted to do something and I thought donating blood would be the most useful

Thanks

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
" Anyone notice the pad and pen on the table next to the body? Wonder what that says?"

Was wondering that myself....

What are the Vegas odds the note contained either Feel the Bern or allahu akbar or both?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drew3630:
I have to go to Las Vegas tomorrow for business. Does anyone familiar with the area know where I can donate blood? Since I'm going to be there I wanted to do something and I thought donating blood would be the most useful

Thanks

Check ahead of time. They have been overwhelmed, which is good just make sure they can take you. You should be able to set up a time online.

Two centers in Vegas you can schedule appointments online.

https://www.bloodhero.com/inde...unction=fixedsiteslv

Red Cross centers

http://www.redcrossblood.org/r...org&zipSponsor=89101

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:
Originally posted by drew3630:

Thanks

Check ahead of time. They have been overwhelmed, which is good just make sure they can take you. You should be able to set up a time online.

Two centers in Vegas you can schedule appointments online.

https://www.bloodhero.com/inde...unction=fixedsiteslv

Red Cross centers

http://www.redcrossblood.org/r...org&zipSponsor=89101

Thanks I will give them a call

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Link

There will be no trial but there will be talk, possibly even some thought, so it might be useful to have some idea of what the legal standard is.
I don't necessarily disagree with your assertion, but given the shooter is "pushing up daisies", unless the police turn up some evidence of him having been treated for some sort of mental issues/illness, any discussion of his sanity borders on wasted time and effort. Had he survived, well that would be a whole different situation.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:

I don't necessarily disagree with your assertion, but given the shooter is "pushing up daisies", unless the police turn up some evidence of him having been treated for some sort of mental issues/illness, any discussion of his sanity borders on wasted time and effort. Had he survived, well that would be a whole different situation.

There has been speculation right here in this very thread. There may well be more.

Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
He wired $100,000 to the Phillipines last week.

Girlfriend is back as a person of interest, as reported on Foxnews.

Well, he apparently had no plans to survive the night, so why NOT send away his spare cash to somebody? It's entirely logical (to me, at least) to send away all his liquid cash to a friend or organization/charity. No reason to let the govt get it.

The key piece of info will be to WHOM he sent the money.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21842 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
“Earlier today I posted an indefensible post in a Facebook discussion thread concerning the tragic Las Vegas shooting, a statement I sincerely regret. I am deeply sorry for diminishing the significance of every life affected by Stephen Paddock’s terrorism last night and for the pain my words have inflicted on the loved ones of the victims. My shameful comments do not reflect the beliefs of my former employer, colleagues, family, and friends. Nor do they reflect my actual beliefs — this senseless violence warrants the deepest empathy. I understand and accept all consequences that my words have incurred.”

I meant to comment on this earlier and got distracted. The bolded portion negates her 'apology' If you lie in the apology to mitigate your consequences, you are no longer apologizing. She is selfish even under scrutiny. No, young lady, our true nature is what we display when we think no one is watching. You wrote what you meant, what you believe, how you think. Now that you are taking heat from the sane segment of society, you obfuscate. This is not an apology. It is damage control. Selfish damage control.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29692 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
“Earlier today I posted an indefensible post in a Facebook discussion thread concerning the tragic Las Vegas shooting, a statement I sincerely regret. I am deeply sorry for diminishing the significance of every life affected by Stephen Paddock’s terrorism last night and for the pain my words have inflicted on the loved ones of the victims. My shameful comments do not reflect the beliefs of my former employer, colleagues, family, and friends. Nor do they reflect my actual beliefs — this senseless violence warrants the deepest empathy. I understand and accept all consequences that my words have incurred.”

I meant to comment on this earlier and got distracted. The bolded portion negates her 'apology' If you lie in the apology to mitigate your consequences, you are no longer apologizing. She is selfish even under scrutiny. No, young lady, our true nature is what we display when we think no one is watching. You wrote what you meant, what you believe, how you think. Now that you are taking heat from the sane segment of society, you obfuscate. This is not an apology. It is damage control. Selfish damage control.

Yup.
The hatred coming from this vile woman was true. No backtracking is going to change that.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just shy of 10,000 signatures on that petition. Likely, it will have no effect on her status as an attorney, but I would be surprised if she is not aware of this petition and I imagine she is getting a very good idea of how she damaged herself with her open disdain for the little people in flyover country.

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...no-sympathy-n2389854

at the link is a short video of a song at the Route 91 Harvest Country Festival. This took place about an hour before the shooting.

Sad to watch and know the tragedy that occurs later.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
No, young lady, our true nature is what we display when we think no one is watching. You wrote what you meant, what you believe, how you think. Now that you are taking heat from the sane segment of society, you obfuscate. This is not an apology. It is damage control. Selfish damage control.

She and her little friend are realizing we're not stupid hicks out smarted by her New York commie ways. In her little bubble, she can appear to be a hero, but in the grand scheme of things, she was way in over her head. And believe me, her views has been posted thousands of times by others in the usual sites. But retribution can be swift and blunt; her "heroic" post lasted only a few hours before the masses cut her down. This should be a warning to others; don't fuck with us.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16688 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
There has been speculation right here in this very thread. There may well be more.
On that we are in complete agreement.