SIGforum
Route 91 fest Vegas shooting?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/6010061134

October 02, 2017, 12:34 AM
hunter62
Route 91 fest Vegas shooting?
I have a friend who just posted on Facebook that there is a mass shooting at the route 91 fest he is at in vegas, blood everywhere. I have tried to call him multiple times but no answer. I also don't see anything on the news or google, is he just screwing with me?
October 02, 2017, 12:41 AM
hunter62
I got a text back saying he isn't joking, he saw people get shot and go down. Someone is firing into the crowd at the concert. He made it to his rental car and is getting the fuck out. His hotel room was at Mandalay Bay but he says he is calling the police and heading to the airport. Still nothing on the news networks.

If this falls under the no active shooting rule, feel free to delete. I guess I was hoping it was a sick prank.
October 02, 2017, 12:45 AM
Andyb
Twitter is active on it, all speculation though. Glad your friend made it out.

https://twitter.com/search?q=r...serp%7Ctwgr%5Esearch

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."
October 02, 2017, 12:52 AM
wingspar
http://news3lv.com/news/local/...l-on-las-vegas-strip

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent
October 02, 2017, 12:58 AM
hunter62
Thanks for the links. My friend had deleted his initial post that didn't have much information at all, so I was hoping it wasn't true. But a few minutes later he had a longer post with more details.

This doesn't look good. He said someone was shooting into a packed crowd, he saw lots of people go down.
October 02, 2017, 01:00 AM
creslin
fuck....
the GF is in that hotel for a conference right now...

This is where my signature goes.
October 02, 2017, 01:04 AM
hunter62
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
fuck....
the GF is in that hotel for a conference right now...

He says he thought it was coming from Mandalay Bay, which is why he went to the airport instead of his hotel. Just his guess, not a fact.
October 02, 2017, 01:08 AM
creslin
No answer on her cell... I assume she's sleeping.

I just called another coworker who is out there with her. They're all staying in that exact hotel (Mandalay Bay) - he said the shooting happened at the opposite end of the complex from where they're at.

See this is why I don't go places..

This is where my signature goes.
October 02, 2017, 01:16 AM
XLT
My wife is their on business and she said the strip is closed down. she said it's at mandalay bay
October 02, 2017, 01:19 AM
konata88
Reports of shootings at multiple locations.....

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
October 02, 2017, 01:22 AM
Andyb
Sheesh.
https://twitter.com/BigToneMMA...s/914733072439926784

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."
October 02, 2017, 01:49 AM
konata88
What’s battlefield Vegas?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
October 02, 2017, 01:51 AM
Cous2492
Wow. Prayers for those in Vegas.
October 02, 2017, 01:56 AM
Chowser
Definitely real. Listening to LV scanner now.

Broadcastify feed 21038
Prayers to all.

Not minority enough!
October 02, 2017, 02:12 AM
KevinCW
Jesus.

My thoughts to all, and hope those responsible are quickly dealt with... hopefully in a taxpayer friendly way.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."
October 02, 2017, 02:18 AM
I was listening to the on line LVMPD scanner feed for a bit before the server crashed. They killed one suspect on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.
October 02, 2017, 02:37 AM
FenderBender
It's all sorts of fucked up around here. but it seems to be mostly under control.
October 02, 2017, 02:37 AM
FenderBender
scanner feed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca3UdjrKt_Y
October 02, 2017, 02:54 AM
KevinCW
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
I was listening to the on line LVMPD scanner feed for a bit before the server crashed. They killed one suspect on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel.

Shooting out of the 32nd floor? That is a planned attack for sure.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."
October 02, 2017, 03:03 AM
Augen
On the road listening to the news. They had some sound footage. Sounded automatic, not that it changes the horror. Just worrried about how much worse this will be.