SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does any one use Chiseled Face shaving product?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does any one use Chiseled Face shaving product? Login/Join 
Team Apathy
posted
I started wet shaving with a DE razor about a month ago with my standard shaving lubricant (I’ve used hair conditioner for years) and the results are great! I can’t imagine how disposables caught on.

I wanted to get into some real purpose made product and Chiseled Face has done great sounding scents, so I ordered a sample pack of the soap and aftershave. Anybody familiar with their goods? I’m excited to try the Ghost Town Barber and Cedar Spice.

https://www.chiseledface.com

Posts: 6361 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
Conditioner? I’ve always used either Col. Conk, Williams, or Arko, but I never even considered conditioner. Any particular brand or attributes that you prefer?

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyanide357
posted Hide Post
I have cryogen soap and aftershave from them, which i like. It is seriously cold (menthal), but unscented. I've wanted to try ghost town barber from them. I seem to recall it is scented with gun powder (fragrance anyway, whatever that actually means).

Posts: 249 | Registered: November 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Looks like it's tallow soap, so that's a plus.

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JJexp:
Conditioner? I’ve always used either Col. Conk, Williams, or Arko, but I never even considered conditioner. Any particular brand or attributes that you prefer?

I read somewhere that it does a good job of softening hair in prep for a shave and is slippery enough to prevent tugging. It actually works. Towards the end of my hot shower I put it on the face and let it sit a few before shaving.

But I’d like to try the traditional brush method now. I think they say the Ghost Town Barber is the traditional barber shop scent (that I really enjoy) plus hints of gunpowder, leather, and I think whiskey?

Posts: 6361 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
quote:
Originally posted by JJexp:

I read somewhere that it does a good job of softening hair in prep for a shave and is slippery enough to prevent tugging. It actually works. Towards the end of my hot shower I put it on the face and let it sit a few before shaving.

But I’d like to try the traditional brush method now. I think they say the Ghost Town Barber is the traditional barber shop scent (that I really enjoy) plus hints of gunpowder, leather, and I think whiskey?

Mantic59 has mentioned conditioner in his youtube vids before. What I like about good shave soaps is they provide similar results. They soften the hair and provide more "slickness" than shaving creams.

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I have their Santa Paula and Summer Storm, happy with both.

If you want try a variety without committing too much cash, https://www.maggardrazors.com sells samplers of all the big names, including Chisled Face, that are good for about 5 shaves.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10929 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10-8
Picture of Apphunter
posted Hide Post
I use some vintage gillette razors and soap from sterling

Posts: 915 | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Have used almost all of CFG's products for years and they're great; they have some unique scents, although they tend to linger - depends on what you're looking for. They used to have a great pre-shave as well, but haven't seen it on their site lately.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
I have their Santa Paula and Summer Storm, happy with both.

Dang! Grew up there and always laughed at the citrus capital signs. I guess someone took them seriously. It is a cool little town with a great airport.

Posts: 6916 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
"Chiseled Face" doesn't exactly call to mind a clean and comfortable shave experience, for me.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tartan427
posted Hide Post
Just opened a tub of Ghost Town Barber for the first time. Not sure I really like the scent. Time will tell. I'm a big fan of Stirling shaving soaps. My favorite is Barbershop. It smells like "soap" instead of perfume. I think the Stirling lathers better as well. Try the website Badger & Blade. They test everything imaginable for shaving.

Posts: 655 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pa | Registered: January 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I have Midnight Stag aftershave, and it is a very masculine scent. Leather, petroleum, tobacco it is unique. I like it but I don't wear it all the time.

For after shaves I actually prefer FINE accouterments http://www.fineaccoutrements.com/default.asp

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tartan427:
Just opened a tub of Ghost Town Barber for the first time. Not sure I really like the scent. Time will tell. I'm a big fan of Stirling shaving soaps. My favorite is Barbershop. It smells like "soap" instead of perfume. I think the Stirling lathers better as well. Try the website Badger & Blade. They test everything imaginable for shaving.

I had very high hopes for Ghost Town Barber and while I like it, it’s not what I expected. My favorite from the sample pack is Sherlock, without a doubt.