SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Special dinner tonight - Prime Cap Steak with protection.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Special dinner tonight - Prime Cap Steak with protection. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
Prime Ribeye Cap Steaks. Met my girlfriend five years ago today. We are going to have some yummy steaks to celebrate.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skins2881,

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smile

Congratulations to you both! Enjoy!

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Those steaks look amazing. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and enjoy your evening.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Ready to go into my new Sous Vide thingamabob.

Stolen from Sous Vide everything's YouTube channel. Cook off between butter and thyme vs garlic and onion. May the best steak win.

Starting a bit late, had to fix dishwasher and make butter run.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Okay, but what's she going to eat?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
It came out perfect. My first attempt at Sous Vide.

Finished them on grill. Put a hunk of wood in the smoker box and set these guys right on top of that. Came out with beautiful crust and light smokey flavor.

Protected by P225-A1

Nice and pink all throughout.

The wine was picked randomly by cool label. Actually was quite good.

And finally, plated.

There was no winner in the cook off, both were awesome. Both gave a nice flavor to the steak. Slight edge to the Thyme and Butter one.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
The grill shot was great, I can almost smell them from here...yum!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
DAMNIT SON!!!! THAT LOOKS AMAZING!!! Congratulations on the Anniversary and on the maiden voyage to a whole new way to cook beef!!!!!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Looks like something in a food magazine. Congratulations on five years!

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Looks great. Yeah, the Sous Vide thread last week induced me to get an Anova Sous Vide cooker too. Haven't yet tried it out but found a lot of recipes at Anova's site and will be trying it out tout suite!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The wine was picked randomly by cool label. Actually was quite good.

With those beautiful steaks, what wine wouldn't be?

Congratulations on the Anniversary!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I know ribeye, I don't know ribeye cap steaks.

But the results look great. I like how plump they look.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:

It's the best part of a ribeye or prime rib. The outer layer of extra marbled extra tender meat. You have to ruin a ribeye in order to get it, so you won't often see it. Quite literally the best steak you can get. After they cut it off they roll it into a pinwheel. Awesome because it gives lots of nooks and crannies for the seasonings to get into. Only used for special occasions.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

It's the best part of a ribeye or prime rib. The outer layer of extra marbled extra tender meat. You have to ruin a ribeye in order to get it, so you won't often see it.

Wow. In that case, throw me the scrap parts. LOL.
That definitely is premium.

I'm happy for you that you enjoyed it and congrats on the anniversary.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Fantastic looking meal!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
That looks and sounds great.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
I did have a call last night from "unknown caller", was that you inviting me over for dinner? Sorry I didn't answer. No excuse on my part.

Many more years of happiness for ya!

Posts: 1979 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's the best part of a ribeye or prime rib. The outer layer of extra marbled extra tender meat. You have to ruin a ribeye in order to get it, so you won't often see it.

Wow. In that case, throw me the scrap parts. LOL.
That definitely is premium.

I'm happy for you that you enjoyed it and congrats on the anniversary.

The sad part was that Costco was selling the leftovers as Ribeye steaks and it was actually just a sliced Eye of Rib. Most people don't know that there are two muscles that comprise the Rib eye. Whoever bought it was getting ripped off. It would have made for a fine roast, but as packaged it was deceptive, especially at Prime Grade prices.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:

The sad part was that Costco was selling the leftovers as Ribeye steaks and it was actually just a sliced Eye of Rib. Most people don't know that there are two muscles that comprise the Rib eye. Whoever bought it was getting ripped off. It would have made for a fine roast, but as packaged it was deceptive, especially at Prime Grade prices.

I don't mean to take over your thread but thank you for this information. We buy our meat pretty much exclusively from Costco. I'll pass the info to the Mrs.