SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I had to put my Dog down today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I had to put my Dog down today Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Sorry.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry for your loss. I know it hurts.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
So sorry, I feel your pain. Prayers for you.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Really sorry for your loss. He'll be waiting for you at the Bridge.

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only fault of a dog is they leave us too soon. I just went through this with my 10 year old boxer. I am very sorry for your loss.

Posts: 602 | Location: NW Pa. USA | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
My girl turned 16YO last February. Her hips bother her sometimes and she can see and hear well enough to get around in the house. She can still go up and down stairs. Her end will be coming pretty soon.

I pray that she will die in her sleep, but her vet says that only about 5% of dogs die in their sleep. I've put down several dogs before, one with a .22 LR to the back of his head. Deciding when to end Merlot's life will be the most difficult decision of my life.

Sorry for the ramble: I feel your pain.

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

- Alfred Lord Tennyson

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
There is nothing worse than putting down a pet. My condolences... Frown

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
The best family are fur family. And why it's so hard when we lose them.
I'm sorry for the loss of your buddy.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Very sad. My condolences. It’s hard losing a beloved pet that loves you so unconditionally. I’m still not ready for another dog; I’m not ready to go through the pain of loss again yet.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
Frown

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I’m so sorry.

I’m building up courage for next week. I’ll have to put down my 17yo girl and still need to make the appt. She’s just not going to make it much longer and I don’t want to see her struggle anymore. She’s spanned so many important parts of my life, and been such an amazingly loyal dog, I hate to let her go.

My heart goes out to you.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. Frown

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Sorry, it always sucks.

Had to do it 3 weeks ago myself to a majestic beast of mine, a dog I really really bonded with and was 'mine'.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Very sorry.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Rhino, sorry for your loss.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. Our dog goes with my wife to work and when they both go back after a vacation the dog gets greeted way before my wife. The office will seem very dull for a long time.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
Sorry you had to do that. Always a tough decision but always know you made the right decision. Sorry for your loss.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your support.

This morning my house feels empty Frown

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3458 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
We are very sorry to hear. We just lost one a couple weeks ago to a spleen tumor and have one in chemo for lymphoma.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post