SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lee Greenwood - new arrangement to God Bless the USA
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lee Greenwood - new arrangement to God Bless the USA Login/Join 
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
That song always give me goose bumps every time I hear it. It was played during our Naturalization Ceremony over a decade ago. Very meaningful song.

Posts: 1872 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Home Free is great. God Bless the USA is great. Together they are fantastic.

Go listen to their collaboration on Elvira...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting this

Posts: 580 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
I was in boot camp in Orlando, FL in 1990. I still recall our company commanders exercising our asses for what seemed like hours. Then they started talking about our country and it eventually culminated with them playing this song (the original). I had tears streaming down my face as did others. I'll never forget that day.

JP

Posts: 2039 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I’ve seen Lee Greenwood in concert and I get the chills when I hear this song to this day.

Posts: 5994 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't ever hear the original without welling-up.
Had to dry my chest and eyes after this one!

Thank You, Sir!

Posts: 378 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of sig 226
posted Hide Post
Bump and thanks for sharing...

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2649 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Happy fourth to all!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10892 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Posts: 648 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I just saw a special with Lee Greenwood singing all of his old songs, with the original version of God Bless the USA. One can't help but have a few tears in their eyes.

This version is even more special with the service members singing.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just had to come back to this thread and listen to it again!!!

Posts: 6596 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
One of the really great patriotic songs! Right up there with "God Bless America" (sung by Kate Smith is best).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post