SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lee Greenwood - new arrangement to God Bless the USA
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lee Greenwood - new arrangement to God Bless the USA Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
Absolutely stunning. Enjoy:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs0fxy8rHo8

While everyone in the video does a great job, I could listen to Technical Sgt. Holliday all day long. Her voice is absolutely beautiful.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BB61,

Posts: 12427 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing!

Posts: 2923 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
WOW. Amazing, I definitely got something in my eye listening to that Wink

Posts: 1354 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Wow!

Posts: 8994 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That made my morning. It's hard to imagine how many people have heard and been inspired by that song over the years.

I seriously hope President Trump considers him for the Presidential Medal of Freedom for his contribution.

Posts: 8942 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Well-done!

Thank you for sharing this!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely Awesome!
Thanks

Posts: 868 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing this. Some years ago at a nighttime half time show at a LSU football game the guest performer was Lee Greenwood and he sang the original version to a packed stadium with everybody on their feet. Imagine being on of the 85,000+ fans in the stands and singing along. God Bless The USA. .....................drill sgt.

Posts: 1934 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Finally! A version I can listen to without shuddering.... Let me explain

I do love the words but as a young Pvt in the Army, stationed in Schweinfurt, GE, I had to listen to it every day for two years at Retreat. It just got old

Posts: 5281 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
That was great! Thanks for posting.

I'm a big fan of Home Free. They've done some beautiful covers. Their version of How Great Thou Art is wonderful.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
This is why I come to SIGforum.

It occurs to me that this is how righteous patriot prevail in difficult times. Here’s another.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29578 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I literally got chills. Thanks for posting!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10694 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!!

Posts: 7720 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well folks, it just doesn't get much better then that!!

Posts: 6596 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
That was great! Thanks for posting.

I'm a big fan of Home Freew]How Great Thou Art[/url] is wonderful.

Thank you for this link........they are truly awesome on "How great thou art"!!!

Posts: 6596 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
Thank you for sharing this. Some years ago at a nighttime half time show at a LSU football game the guest performer was Lee Greenwood and he sang the original version to a packed stadium with everybody on their feet. Imagine being on of the 85,000+ fans in the stands and singing along. God Bless The USA. .....................drill sgt.

I was there! It was great!

Posts: 868 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Damn!

I saw him years ago do the original version live... just him on stage by himself. That was moving, but this trumps that by mile and then some.

Lee... still getting it done at age 77... with a little help from his friends.

Thanks BB61.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4112 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting; outstanding vocalizations, only trouble is my allergies are acting up.

Posts: 781 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Amazing how that guy sounds just like a drum set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFt9D6ZIjOQ

Posts: 5573 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Terrific.
Thanks for sharing.
Saw Lee Greenwood perform this song at Opryland with fireworks galore; back in the 90s.
Great song and performer

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post