SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need online tutors for bright kids in English/Spanish
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need online tutors for bright kids in English/Spanish Login/Join 
The Ice Cream Man
posted
The kids are well above grade level in Russian and Math.

Their English is a bit too “indigenous” to South Carolina, so I’d like someone to help with that/they’re at grade level, but again, that’s in SC, which is 49 out of 50 for schools, and they are bright kids so grade level is not acceptable.

Ideally, someone who could at least touch on math, in English, enough to ensure they know the English words (they are learning math in Russian)

Spanish would help, and I’d be willing to pay for a tutor but it’s not a priority.

Posts: 5729 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
What grade are they in? And for English, are you looking for grammar/vocabulary, literature or writing tutorial?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
5 and 9. Grammar and writing, I think.

Posts: 5729 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I'm a bit jealous. I wasn't offered a foreign language until I got to HS. And these kids are already trying to pick up a third language. That is awesome!

Posts: 11158 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
It’s the ability which fades fastest with age, so it seemed logical to prioritize it.

I’d like to add German as well, if I can find the tutor.

It’s cheaper to hire tutors than pay for private schools.

They only seem to need a few hours per week via the tutors, online.

They do other stuff, to play with kids, etc. It doesn’t seem logical to send small kids off for 8 hours per day to a school.