SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sig days this weekend at Proven Arms & Outfitters
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig days this weekend at Proven Arms & Outfitters Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted
For SF members in the northern VA area, might be worth a trip to Woodbridge

https://www.provenoutfitters.com/

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad news from those of us in NoVA...I got an email this afternoon from Proven Arms. They're closing their Woodbridge store after 17 years. It will be (I think) only govt. sales in the future. Not so sure about on-line sales. Pardon me, I'm going to go have a hearty slug of cognac now. Frown

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
They have a special for (3) Sig P365 mags for $96. I missed it. Too bad for me.

P365 Mag Combo Special

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Sad news from those of us in NoVA...I got an email this afternoon from Proven Arms. They're closing their Woodbridge store after 17 years. It will be (I think) only govt. sales in the future. Not so sure about on-line sales. Pardon me, I'm going to go have a hearty slug of cognac now. Frown

I got the email too. The email did say they were continuing as a web store though. I did like their brick and mortar store and being able to fondle stuff...

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobLew:
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:

I got the email too. The email did say they were continuing as a web store though. I did like their brick and mortar store and being able to fondle stuff...

Y'all don't forget I think they still have a store in Q town (Quantico) have not been there in a couple years. Remember you have to enter the gates at Quantico to get to the town and carry is prohibited on base.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^I believe that one has been gone awhile SSgt; didn't show up on their website. Thanks, RobLew; I went back to the message, they will still be in the 0n-line business. I plan to go there Monday, this weekend is already scheduled for other things I can't get out of.

I also mentioned it in reply to another thread in SIG Pistols; let's close up here and any other news perhaps we can go that one.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/9720058264

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
^^^ If I remember correctly They still go by Quantico Tactical because of government contracts also be that store caters to the Marines at Quantico. But I might be incorrect.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Woodbridge was the last of their retail stores. They had 10 at the peak. I think their business model of focusing entirely on sales to individuals who meet the police and military discount the companies like Glock and S&W offer didn't work. Unless you were in that group you couldn't even buy the guns on display at the non-discount price. They would have to special order a commercial priced model for you.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post