SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Most annoying corporate speak
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most annoying corporate speak Login/Join 
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
"Reach out" and any superfluous adverbial phrase: "We're ACTUALLY across the street" from the action, the defense "ACTUALLY" did not take the stand....

I guess mine is more "Media" speak, or what serves as word count, nowadays.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vsp39o2
posted Hide Post
On quarterly evals, is it really necessary to note whether or not the "associate" "lives the values" "within their core role" "within their metrics"?

Looking at it from the macro, or rather from 30,000, (30000 WHAT?) maybe the cc group should get a room and go wide on this point. My baby's momma works in management for a humongous company, so I hear this stuff as part of daily household speech.

And yeah, some of this is splattering over into the L/E field, it seems.

4 years til retirement. I count the days.

------------------------------
The pool's in,
but the patio ain't dry.

Posts: 1814 | Location: greater metro Tar Bay | Registered: March 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Deep Dive

Fuck off and take a head first dive into an empty pool

THIS! Fuck me it drives me nuts.

And "the deck" when referring to a PowerPoint presentation. I hate how once one person starts using a term, all the other kiss-asses start as well. Scum

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Synergies

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
We will become "leaner and more productive". Just say everyone will be doing more work now that we fired a much of people.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not just the lingo, but the energy expended in bullshit. My particular office is majority staff by people on military disability or law enforcement retirement. Those people are fully competent, but don't really want to work more than 3 or 4 days a week. The do, however, get more done than that workaholics. Now the suits want us all to have a career development plan with metrics for progress. MF's, I'm the young one at 60. I'm there so I don't get bored at home. Just what kind of sparkling career do you want me to develop before I retire fully? And I'm the young one.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Human Resources

Which is better than "Human Capital"

Soylent Green?

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
"Circle Back"

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

Here is a link to your Corporate BS Generator:

http://www.atrixnet.com/bs-generator.html

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
uber-geek
Picture of rwdflynavy
posted Hide Post
PROACTIVELY 'FROM THE SEA'; AN AGENT OF CHANGE LEVERAGING THE LITTORAL BEST PRACTICES FOR A PARADIGM BREAKING SIX-SIGMA BEST BUSINESS CASE TO SYNERGISM A CONSISTENT DESIGN IN THE GLOBAL COMMONS RIGHTSIZING THE CORE VALUES SUPPORTING OUR MISSION STATEMENT VIA THE 5-VECTOR MODEL THROUGH CULTURAL DIVERSITY.

Not mine, an amalgam of Navy-Corporate speak strung together by Cdr Salamander. https://cdrsalamander.blogspot.com/

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." ~George Mason

chartprepping.com Retirement Planning and Random Musings from a Military Perspective

Posts: 3391 | Location: Big Lick Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Human Resources

And its companion term: "Team Members"

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Funny how all of these terms and phrases were/are invented by people who invented whole departments, positions, and "needs" out of thin air when they were completely unneeded.

How in God's name did business survive and thrive for thousands of years without Human Resources departments? Roll Eyes

Posts: 20082 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I always laugh at the use of "headwinds" to describe a challenging environment.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Feds were getting all into that when I retired so they brought in a LSS person. He was sitting in my office, at my desk when I came to work.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Corporate Carl, the LSS coordinator. I am here to orchestrate top-line collaboration and idea-sharing" or something like that.

You know the look you dog gives you? Tilts his head and goes "Hrugh?" That's what I did.

Carl now realizes he screwed the pooch.

Run Carl run. Carl ran. I got a call from my boss. Carl was afraid. Never saw Carl again.

Posts: 7017 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
You know the look you dog gives you? Tilts his head and goes "Hrugh?" That's what I did.

Carl now realizes he screwed the pooch.

Run Carl run. Carl ran. I got a call from my boss. Carl was afraid. Never saw Carl again.

Thanks for the first laugh of the day. Big Grin

Posts: 20082 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Most annoying corporate speak

I think at the end of the day we can all agree the concept of beginning the process of selecting a blue-ribbon panel to nominate the members of an exploratory committee to begin a survey of stakeholders in preparation for assembling the agenda for an executive meeting to begin preliminary discussion of this topic is worth consideration.

Posts: 15023 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
THe company I and three other guys founded five years ago (and I work for still as president) hired this CEO that was a total douchebag. Finally parted ways with him last Fall, much to mine and everyones joy, but he was a typcial MBA numbnuts (but less competent than most as it turns out) and he would always be spouting these B/S terms, some of which have already been included. He would also co-opt terms from the IT culture and try to apply them to people, like we were computers (he would have loved that, control freak that he was, programming people to obey him). He would send out these rambling, confusing emails and the rest of us would be scratching our heads over..."WTF is he talking about??"

-Deep dive

-Optics

-Leverage

-Bandwidth (for time available)

-Cycles (like processor cycles, or how many times a document gets looked at)

-Corporate hygeine

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
OK, what's "corporate hygiene?"

I'll restrain myself from making smartass guesses

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Former CEO of GE, Jack Welch is one of the perpetrators of LSS. In the middle 90's, he fell in lust with the program.

Current GE CEO has a different opinion:

"Jeff Immelt was asked how he can get investors to appreciate the company's new digital transformation and 3-D printing investments. His response: It "makes a shitload more sense than Six Sigma did."

Posts: 7017 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post