SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Most annoying corporate speak
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most annoying corporate speak Login/Join 
posted
With the events of this past week we experienced on a grand scale the use of "corporate speak" to describe various situations.

The leader this week for most annoying would be "reaccomodate". I also find certain phrases irritating particularly "reach out to you", and "partner" used as a verb.

What annoys you in the the language of corporate bureaucrats?

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the all caps. Just noticed it, not trying to be annoying.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
We had a thread on this not too long ago.

Let me work my way up the chain, leveraging all rules of engagement and, at the end of the day, see if I can break through the clutter and find it. If I can't find it organically, then it's just not in my wheelhouse and I'll reach out to someone else whose goals are better aligned, in this space.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Sorry about the all caps.

YOU CAN ALWAYS REVISE IT.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Sorry about the all caps.

YOU CAN ALWAYS REVISE IT.

he did

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1210 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Simply saying something, while saying nothing.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
"Coaching"

Posts: 6339 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Human Resources

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
Take one for the team.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I don't have anything to add to the thread right now, but if I come up with something, I'll loop you guys in.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Human Resources

Which is better than "Human Capital"

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Deep Dive

Fuck off and take a head first dive into an empty pool

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Human Resources

But both are so much less effective than when it was simply "Personnel".

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Associates. As if all those people at Walmart are either members of the Mob or partners in the company. I liked the word employee much better.

I have gotten used to the term "server", but still prefer waiter or waitress.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Culture

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Culture

Oh God yes. And always used as an excuse for paying everyone 10% below the local industry average. "Hey boss, I can make $10k more at other places." "But they don't have our great culture."

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
At the largest healthcare insurance company in the country, the use of "ask" as a noun has run completely rampant. People cannot use "question" or "request" or anything else. It's "Now we need to determine what the customer's three most important asks are." Good f'in grief.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1832 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Human Resources

Oh yeah, and the person who works in that department is an "HCP," or Human Capital Partner.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1832 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pingman274:
At the largest healthcare insurance company in the country, the use of "ask" as a noun has run completely rampant. People cannot use "question" or "request" or anything else. It's "Now we need to determine what the customer's three most important asks are." Good f'in grief.

I shall be on the lookout for that term when I receive my "Patient Itinerary" AKA future appointments from my healthcare provider company.
Thanks for posting this.

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Not so much a corporate specific phrase, but used there none the less. If one more person tells me, "To tell you the truth...", I'll lose it. Right now my standard response is, "No, I'd rather you lie to me."

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post