SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What are these things in a concrete carport?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are these things in a concrete carport? Login/Join 
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted
What are these two squares in this concrete carport? House was built in 1964, carport was probably added later on, maybe early 1970s.

Posts: 966 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You didn't get penetration
even with the elephant gun.
Picture of cheeze
posted Hide Post
Those areas were cut out to access something under the slab.

DONT TREAD ON ME

Posts: 2245 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Most likely bodies buried under there.

Posts: 4101 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could be Hoffa.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Possible slab reinforcement for a lift. Nevermind. Orientation does not fit

Posts: 1401 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheeze:
Those areas were cut out to access something under the slab.

But other than Hoffa, what would possibly be under a slab like that which you'd need to access later?

And how would I go about getting them up to retrieve the lost Spanish Fleet gold?

Posts: 966 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Daughter's boyfriend #1 & #2 ? Big Grin

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
Only one way to find out!

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like maybe the septic tank might be under the carport and those are access to pump it out, or something like that.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
Looks like maybe the septic tank might be under the carport and those are access to pump it out, or something like that.

Septic tank is in another location. There is also an oil tank down there somewhere, but the access pipe to the oil tank is also a good 25' or more away from these cutouts. I don't think either tank is involved in whatever was under this slab.

posted Hide Post
OK serious now Bob Vila. Previous homeowner was unhappy with the remodel he did.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
You gotta take pics of what you find when you pull ‘em....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I dunno, but maybe there was a bad spot in the concrete and these were cut outs and a patch job?

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Call the History Channel immediately! I'm sure you could get at least two seasons worth of shows out of those two squares.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like it could have been foundations for some sort of supports in a previous life and they just cut the bolts off and poured up to and around them instead of removing them.

Posts: 453 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Grease trap and plumbing access for rooter, etc...

Just be prepared to jump back when Mola Ram jumps out and tries removing vital organs to set them on fire.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Call the History Channel immediately! I'm sure you could get at least two seasons worth of shows out of those two squares.

^^^^^
Hahahaha Yep Oak Island about to wrap up. Looks like a Knights Templar sign on the one square.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Sure looks like the spacing of septic tank access holes.
Maybe an old one?

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You didn't get penetration
even with the elephant gun.
Picture of cheeze
posted Hide Post
Could be a length of water line that had a leak or a collapsed waste line. I’ve also seen holes like that cut to install footings after a slab was heaving due to expansive soil.

DONT TREAD ON ME

Posts: 2245 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

Geraldo Rivera can host the unveiling.

Posts: 7451 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post