SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sharpening Karma - Premium Lansky Kit WINNER: Skins2881
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sharpening Karma - Premium Lansky Kit WINNER: Skins2881 Login/Join 
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted
Continuing my haphazard pursuit of less, I am offering the following as a karma. Open to any forum members and I will use the karmanator. I reserve the right to re-draw a winner if your posting history shows mostly entries in karma threads.

A Premium Lansky Sharpening Kit

It's used but lightly. I used it less than ten different times before I moved on to learn other sharpening methods. I call it a "premium" set because it comes in two plastic boxes with two clamps, two sets of guide rods, two bottles of honing oil along with the following stones listed below. I will also send the simple 1, 2, 3 instructions that go with the sets. I bought the basic set then bought the other parts to fill it out.

• Extra Coarse 70 Grit
  • Coarse 120 Grit
  • Medium 280 Grit
  • Fine 600 Grit
  • Ultra Fine 1000 Grit
  • Black Hard Arkansas 1200 - 1400 Grit
  • Sapphire 2000 Grit
  • Serrated Blade Medium Grit
  • Serrated Blade Fine Grit

I will close at the appropriate time of my choosing.

If you're new to sharpening, let me throw in one key advice:
quote:
take your time with using the coarsest grit. As a matter of fact, do not move to smoother grits until the blade is sharp at the coarsest grit. The smoother grits are simply for refining and polishing the bevel/edge. If you guess the extra coarse through fine grits in this set are mostly pristine and barely used, you would be correct. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rey HRH,

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Unlucky first. I'm in, please.

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
excellent- count me in!

Posts: 1067 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
So very much in, thanks for the chance.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Awesome! I'm in please!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
Would really like to hone my sharpening skills. Include me please.

Thanks for the really cool Karma.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Great, useful karma. Please include me.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Count me in. Thanks!

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I’d like a chance, please. Thanks for the offering. Smile

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love a chance at this, thank you very much.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Please include me in your excellent karma!

Posts: 6400 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Please include me in this very generous Karma. And thank you for the opportunity.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Please include me.
That's a fine a set!

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the great offer.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks nice, please count me in.

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me in and thanks for the chance!

Posts: 83 | Location: New Albany,Indiana on the river | Registered: November 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I'm in, THANKS!

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in. Thanks for the Karma!

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
What an excellent tool. Count me in Please.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
This is an amazing karma. I would like to try for this.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post