SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Why Fox News Is No. 1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why Fox News Is No. 1 Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Townhall.com
Michael Reagan

You wonder why Fox News is Number One in cable?

It's because CNN, MSNBC, NBC and the rest are so relentlessly negative about Donald Trump they force people to watch Fox to find out the truth about the growing economy or the historically low unemployment rates for blacks.

Take this week's Singapore Summit.

No matter what President Trump accomplished in Singapore in his face-to-face meeting with North Korea's Kim Jong Un, for Joe, Mika and their fellow foreign policy experts in the media, it was not enough.

Or it was too much.

Or Trump was naive or stupid.

Or he gave away too much.

Or he didn't ask "Little Rocket Man" about his gulags.

Or he was just trying to win a Nobel Peace Prize.

My favorite complaint about the Singapore Summit from liberals was that by merely meeting with Kim Jong Un, President Trump gave a thug the legitimacy he didn't deserve.

As if American presidents haven't met with thugs like Kim Jong Un since the beginning of time.

Just two years ago Barack Obama and a delegation of a thousand staffers, insiders and reporters flew into Havana to slobber all over Raul Castro and the ghost of his brother Fidel.

The in-bed-with-Obama embedded media loved Obama's move. They called it historic. They called it a Berlin Wall moment - a step toward the liberation of the Cuban people.

The mainstream media never complained that Obama didn't ask Comrade Raul to be nicer to the impoverished people living under his communist dictatorship or release the gay Cubans held in his prisons.

Not a peep from the MSM. Not even crickets.

Trump, on the other hand, can't win with the mainstream media.

One month they're saying his tough rhetoric about North Korea is going to start World War III. A month or two later they're complaining his Singapore statement wasn't strong enough and he was too soft on Kim Jong Un.

It reminds me of the way the liberal media treated my father back in the 1980s when he was calling the USSR "The Evil Empire" and trying to meet with Soviet leaders about nuclear arms control.

The mainstream media and the foreign policy establishment were constantly pushing my dad to hurry-up and meet with the USSR's leaders, who kept dying on him until Mikhail Gorbachev came along.

The media of the day wanted my dad to sign a deal in Reykjavek with Gorbachev, ASAP. They wanted him to sign away Star Wars, take our missiles out of Europe - give up whatever it took to make the Soviets happy and avert Armageddon.

My father stuck to his guns.

He ignored the impatient liberal media, the foreign policy "experts" and some of his own staffers and within a few years the Berlin Wall was down and the USSR was history.

My father learned that negotiating successfully one-on-one with an enemy like Gorbachev is a process that takes time. The two leaders didn't accomplish or sign anything at those meetings, but ultimately my father and Gorbachev developed a liking for each other.

But that relationship didn't stop my father from telling Gorbachev at their first meeting that either you come to the table and negotiate in good faith or we'll jack up our military spending and bankrupt you, which we eventually did in the long run.

Trump's message to Kim Jong Un was similar, only blunter and much tougher - either you'll come to the table or you'll cease to exist.

Ronald Reagan and Donald Trump both used the negotiating tools they had in their hip pockets.

In the long run Trump may or may not be as successful as my father.

We're still in the first days of a long process, but the biased media are impatient and irrational.

They want everything settled yesterday and the Korean Peninsula denuked tomorrow.

But even if it turns out the way they want, they'll figure out some way to give the credit to Nancy Pelosi, Barack Obama or Dennis Rodman long before they give it to President Trump.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Fox News has been no. 1 way way before all this anti-Trump business. It's because the American people recognized long ago that they no longer had to digest the crap that the MSM put out.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the comments about the foreign policy "experts," who in reality are an entrenched establishment who have built careers on talking endlessly about things rather than taking action or achieving anything. They have a vested interest in the continuation of generational conflicts like Korea, Palestine, Cuba, etc. because if these conflicts were ever actually resolved, their academic positions and think-tank money would disappear.

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Wait and see what happens when the dems don't make any gains in the house and senate this November. The MSM will go apocalyptic on Trump and his family. I'm kind of looking forward to the entertainment that will provide. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
I love the comments about the foreign policy "experts,"

I was thinking about that the other day. These never done nuthing, never gonna do nuthing people blathering about what Trump should do.

Nobody ever calls them out, or gives them a score card, ie "This loudmouth has been wrong on 9 of his last 10 predictions...".

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Wait and see what happens when the dems don't make any gains in the house and senate this November. The MSM will go apocalyptic on Trump and his family. I'm kind of looking forward to the entertainment that will provide. Big Grin
Indeed. 2014 & 2016 have been priceless for memes of the leftists crying and pouting.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
"This loudmouth has been wrong on 9 of his last 10 predictions..."

They're all like that, yet they're kept on.
Mark Shields on PBS is one of the worst, but is just an example. You can never be fired for doing a terrible job year after year.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Indeed. 2014 & 2016 have been priceless for memes of the leftists crying and pouting.

And we have a Trump win in 2020 to look forward to. Yep, the fun is just beginning.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
I wish I'd recorded the wavering of Fox leading up to the elections. Like everyone else but the American people they were at the least covering their bets with the beast. There was a fair amount of Trump lite bashing.

I still watch Fox but only when I'm traveling and then only if the hotel doesn't offer OANN. At home, the little TV I watch is OANN.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Re: “We're still in the first days of a long process, but the biased media are impatient and irrational.”

And lying bastards.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
well maybe but I gave up on them. imho they went into the shitter too. maybe just not as far in, but still in.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Fox News has been no. 1 way way before all this anti-Trump business. It's because the American people recognized long ago that they no longer had to digest the crap that the MSM put out.

Or stupid enough to elect Hillary Clinton.

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post