SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shipping a passport securely
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shipping a passport securely Login/Join 
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Is the state Virginia? The whole state is like what, a 4 hour drive? That's a trip to the grocery store here. Drive over to where she is, or meet half way, and have some together time Smile

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PeterGV
posted Hide Post
Registered mail.

You can send US Government classified documents (classified up to "Secret") via Registered mail. All the jokes and carping about USPS aside, that's good enough for me.

Posts: 1318 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frogger:
If you have to ship it, I'd probably go UPS or FedEx Next Day Air. Personally, if at all possible I'd just hop in the car and take it to her. You said the other side of the state, not the other side of the country. Then again, I'm one of those odd ducks that don't mind spending 8+ hours in my car.
From one side of my state to the other is a 2-day drive. Cool

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
From one side of my state to the other is a 2-day drive.

When I was a lad growing up in Texarkana, there used to be a gas station that had one of those old-fashioned mileage signs, with wooden arrows pointing in all different directions nailed to the post. I learned then that Chicago was closer to Texarkana than El Paso was.

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
From one side of my state to the other is a 2-day drive.

When I was a lad growing up in Texarkana, there used to be a gas station that had one of those old-fashioned mileage signs, with wooden arrows pointing in all different directions nailed to the post. I learned then that Chicago was closer to Texarkana than El Paso was.

I'll admit, that struck me as BS at first. Google Maps says the ol' sign post was right by about 25 miles or so.

786 to Chicago

811 to El Paso

Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
Is the state Virginia? The whole state is like what, a 4 hour drive?

Yes, it's Virginia. Not as big as Texas, but door-to-door it'd take just under 8 hours.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post