SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Headed to Costa Rica in July for Honeymoon.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Headed to Costa Rica in July for Honeymoon. Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted
We just booked a trip for our honeymoon to the Westin Reserva Conchal. It's an all inclusive. I'd like to visit the rain forest, no zip lining, but a ground tour or something. We have invited all our friends, so a sort of "destination honeymoon".

Any tips?

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Well, it’s about time, FE!
We’ve all been following this story since the reluctant beginning.
Congratulations to you both!

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Well, it’s about time, FE!
We’ve all been following this story since the reluctant beginning.
Congratulations to you both!

LOL thank you! We had planned the date for July of next year a while ago. But with Covid hitting we didn't want to put anything in stone. I will provide updates and wedding pics when it finally happens.

The wedding will be at our home, in our back yard. A casual affair with food stations and a couple of bars. It will be a great time.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
I have stayed there twice. Really nice place, good on site restaurants, huge swimming pool, nightly entertainment. We love Costa Rica and have stayed at many places there. The Westin is our favorite. Don't know if you are into golf but they have a very nice golf course on property as well. Be prepared for lots of wildlife. You will get daily visits from pizotes, monkeys, & raccoons. They literally storm the pool area at lunch time. The beach is ok. When you go to the beach you are technically off property and will be surrounded by people trying to sell you stuff. Don't book any excursions from people on the beach, stick to the front desk (Swiss Travel) of the hotel. Oh, did I mention the sunsets? Wow. Try to catch a sunset up at the main hotel bar. Pretty cool. Lots of great excursions depending on how far you are willing to travel. Rain forest tours, horseback riding, white water rafting. The ATV tour is very cool but be prepared to get dirty. If you don't mind an all day adventure take the trip to Arenal volcano. It is a long ride on some not so great roads but well worth it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
With the covid crap still making headlines you might look into trip insurance. Just sayin'....

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
With the covid crap still making headlines you might look into trip insurance. Just sayin'....

His trip is in July. God help us if we are still dealing with this then.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
We do have trip insurance. Airlines and hotels are more lenient with cancellations these days also. Hopefully this Covid crap will be over. It sounds like I will really enjoy it. I was hoping to get to a rainforest but they are a bit far from the resort. I’ll be happy just seeing some wildlife.

These go to eleven.

To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
We postponed our trip there that was supposed to happen in October due to lack of flights since they were changing all the time and prices were all over. So we'll be there sometime this year once flights are kind of normal. We'll be in tarminado. Visit the rain forest, coffee plantation, and of course the beach. Also car rentals are super cheap there. We decided for the fun of it to pay a little more and rent a hilux since you can't get them here. But a normal car for a week is well under 100 dollars

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
It is important that if anyone rents an automobile that they get full insurance.
Take heed of this, if you are in an accident you may not be permitted to leave the country until the matter is settled.

Roads aren’t the best and the drivers are pretty poor.

We rented a driver, cheap enough took buses for excursions etc.

Rainforest is cold, make sure you bring warm clothes for that. It surprised me, I thought it would be hot and steamy... nope!

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
It looks like the rain forest is probably out. The nearest place worth seeing is about 4 hours away. I would love to see it but I'm not sure 8 hours of driving is in the cards for a day.

We don't plan on renting a car. But if we decide to I will make sure we get the insurance.

These go to eleven.

Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smpsmp:
We postponed our trip there that was supposed to happen in October due to lack of flights since they were changing all the time and prices were all over. So we'll be there sometime this year once flights are kind of normal. We'll be in tarminado. Visit the rain forest, coffee plantation, and of course the beach. Also car rentals are super cheap there. We decided for the fun of it to pay a little more and rent a hilux since you can't get them here. But a normal car for a week is well under 100 dollars

Really good surfing there.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:

The wedding will be at our home, in our back yard. A casual affair with food stations and a couple of bars. It will be a great time.

Congratulations. Sounds like it’ll be a great event and an awesome honeymoon!

Is your backyard the one that was recently redone with the beautiful pavestones, grill area, pool if I remember correctly?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Yup that’s me.

These go to eleven.