SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Weather App for iPad
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weather App for iPad Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Weather undergroind has had a terrific app, Storm, which was just discontinued. It wanted us to download a weather channel app, Storm Radar, which is terrible, hard to use, no forecasts thst I can find, very limited, etc.

Any suggestions for a usable app, maps, radar, forecasts, etc?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Have you looked at WeatherBug?

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the app “RadarUS+” for storm tracking. You may find some of the aviation apps the most complete. Still haven’t found a good app for general weather forecasts, and rely on our local NBC affiliate instead.

Steve

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I still like the Weather Underground mobile app for detailed weather, and MyRadar Weather Radar if I'm just trying to track afternoon showers.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
JALLEN, I too lament the passing of Storm as the "improved" version truly sucks. I've used RADARSCOPE for several years and, once you get the hang of it, it's excellent. Storm tracking & intensity is superb. Had the opportunity to utilize it tonight as a few tornados were just west of us.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use MyRadar, and have been pleased with it.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have same issue with same iPad software. The latest version of STORM does have a pretty good forecast panel in it.

If you press the Blue location circle on the map a panel pops up. Press the grey line at the bottom of that panel (Patience for the grey line to appear) and at the bottom of the extended panel is a Forecast tab. Slide the tab up and it has a good way to display the rain forecast
All the panel to panel pressing is nonsense.

Posts: 266 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: December 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
I use two, Weather Bug and Radar Scope. Both very versatile. Radar scope allows you to select an radar station, it can follow you if driving, and great graphics.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
I like RadarNow! for maps. Dark Sky is a little different than most weather apps but is pretty good at predicting when rain will start/stop.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Weather Bug is pretty but where in the hell do they get their forecasts?

I had 3 weather apps on my iPhone - the Apple one, Accuweather, and WeatherBug. WeatherBug will state there is a zero percent chance of rain this afternoon, and the other two will state there is an x percent chance of rain. Sure as shit, it'll rain all afternoon. I quit using WeatherBug back in my Blackberry days and tried it again earlier this year. Same shit, prettier format. WeatherBug is no longer on my iPhone.

If you want a different weather map with lots of options skip the app and use your browser to go to https://www.ventusky.com. Thanks fo mrbill345 for posting the link back in April.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23101 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have all Apple equipment, went to the App. store and down loaded one called The Weather Channel (free) GR8 app. When I can change locations by entering a different zip code.

"All warfare is based on deception" Sun Tzu, The art of War

Posts: 552 | Location: Gulf Coast of SW Florida | Registered: August 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
JALLEN, I too lament the passing of Storm as the "improved" version truly sucks. I've used RADARSCOPE for several years and, once you get the hang of it, it's excellent. Storm tracking & intensity is superb. Had the opportunity to utilize it tonight as a few tornados were just west of us.

This is the 2nd weather app that the fucking commies at the weatherPANIC! channel have ruined. if there's a cloud on the radar, you can bet your whole area is covered in red.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I use Accuweather.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
I use Accuweather.

Same here.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
I use Accuweather.

Same here.

Yep...has been very accurate for me..

Posts: 714 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
The wife is a horse trainer and has to work outside all day every day, so a good weather forecast is essential for planning her day and week. Accuweather, Dark Sky, Weather Bug and Weather - in that order. Usually never rely on just one app, she checks them all to get a better idea of what's going to happen.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Website, not app but I use the pros from Dover.

https://forecast.weather.gov

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flyboyrv6
posted Hide Post
MyRadar Pro

Posts: 828 | Registered: January 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
i just bookmark the nws local radar

https://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=ESX

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
I use MyRadar, and have been pleased with it.

We have this one on all our devices, has alerts, forecasts, etc. Especially like it for driving as it will track your location as you drive and you can track yourself and avoid any storms.

Posts: 263 | Location: Weatherford, TX | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post