SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is your favorite thing to do???
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your favorite thing to do??? Login/Join 
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Being on the water.
Doesn't really matter what I'm doing. Fishing, sailing, scuba diving, or just taking the wife for a boat ride.

After that it is being out on my motorcycle.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure if it's my absolute favorite, but this ranks pretty high-

Walking with the wife on Keawakapu beach just before sunrise with a cup of coffee.

Posts: 3593 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Dirt-bike in a place with NO CARS, and doing it at my own pace with nobody trying to push me beyond my capability.

Sail-Boating on the SF bay between SFO airport and the GG bridge is a close second.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10921 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Doing anything with my son, especially cycling, canoe racing, and playing hockey. He's a supremely likable guy. In many ways he's an improved version of me. Much improved. He's positive, caring, deals in no BS, blows off any ill will sent his way. He only deals in positivity and creating. He can immediately sense BS and judge character. He has a great yoga instructor and musician girlfriend. My daughter is quite special too. It's been amazing watching her become a mother. Her son Henry is a lucky guy. Her husband is amazingly brilliant and a great dad.

I can relate to that, pbslinger. I enjoy spending time with our kids a lot. Our oldest son is also an improved version of me, and we share a lot of interests. In fact, it was he who got me into shooting, kayaking, knife collecting....
Our daughter has always been a true gift from God, and now we feel that way about her husband. Now they're expecting their first child--our first grandchild!--and we are looking forward to seeing them as parents.
I expect that if this "favorite thing" question were posed a year from now, or any time after that, my response would be "spending time with my granddaughter". We just found out it's a girl yesterday.

Posts: 18058 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
Running my 2003 C5 Corvette on a race track.

a close second...

Drumming

Posts: 527 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
Me... I'm a health nut.... I do diddly squats all day.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
My favorite thing to do? Visit Sigforum of course...
But when I'm not doing that I prefer to travel...the more remote the better!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6315 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Driving, lucky thing I do it for a living. Doesn't matter what I drive, four wheeler, motorcycle, Jeep XJ, Semi, Dump truck, mining truck... I'm just happy to be behind the wheel...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My job, as a self-employed plumber, I love helping people! Most of them are fantastic and I truly like solving their problems!

I also really love shooting, 15 yards to 450 yards really makes me happy.

I'm old enough to say I enjoyed water skiing, rock climbing, and hiking, and lots of other things, but as much as I would like to, the payback in pain isn't worth it.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:
Doing anything with my son, especially cycling, canoe racing, and playing hockey. He's a supremely likable guy. In many ways he's an improved version of me. Much improved. He's positive, caring, deals in no BS, blows off any ill will sent his way. He only deals in positivity and creating. He can immediately sense BS and judge character. He has a great yoga instructor and musician girlfriend. My daughter is quite special too. It's been amazing watching her become a mother. Her son Henry is a lucky guy. Her husband is amazingly brilliant and a great dad.

I can relate to that, pbslinger. I enjoy spending time with our kids a lot. Our oldest son is also an improved version of me, and we share a lot of interests. In fact, it was he who got me into shooting, kayaking, knife collecting....
Our daughter has always been a true gift from God, and now we feel that way about her husband. Now they're expecting their first child--our first grandchild!--and we are looking forward to seeing them as parents.
I expect that if this "favorite thing" question were posed a year from now, or any time after that, my response would be "spending time with my granddaughter". We just found out it's a girl yesterday.

That's awesome! Congratulations

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
Sit with my feet in the sand, cool beverage nearby, watching the grandkids play in the ocean on the Carolina coast. As I get older, those moments are the ones I cherish the most. Hearing their laughter, watching their smiles, knowing we are making memories that will be here when I am gone is priceless.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post