SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is your favorite thing to do???
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your favorite thing to do??? Login/Join 
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
It used to be motorcycle riding. Over the past few years I found I enjoy just hanging out with the critters at home. Two Beagles, a Parrot and just recently adopted by Charlie the cat.

And shooting, primarily pistol. I enjoy going to the indoor range, but my favorite is an open shoot day held about 45 minutes away that only happens a few times a year. Plate racks, dueling trees, vehicles to shoot in to, out of, around etc.

Getting my wife back in to shooting (she shot trap with her Dad as a kid) and she loves the open shoot event as well. I really enjoy shooting with her, so that may well be #1.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
There is a long bridge down in Pensacola. Bear with me for a second. You need the back story.

Once, a few years back, I was going through some stuff. In the matter of a week I'd been involved in something awful at work and one of my former trainees and best friends had been murdered on the job. After the funeral, a better friend than I deserve and I rode our bikes 8 hours down to his father's place in Pensacola. We spent the next day watching the sun come up on the beach, drinking beers, and crawling around an old fort. We were supposed to meet his father for dinner and it was getting late. We hit that bridge on our bikes just as the sun was going down.

Rolling across that long span across Pensacola Bay at speed that might draw displeasure from any local LE who saw it with the sunset reflecting off the water all around us was the first time I'd felt normal in weeks. It is one of my favorite memories and I have no words to express just how thankful I am to have a friend that knew I needed someone to pull me out of the place I was falling into.

Motorcycling in general is my stress relief. To this day, nothing can compare with riding the coastal highways. I make time every year to take a week and ride my bike down to the coast to decompress. I'm incredibly thankful that I have a wife who is understanding enough to give me that time to myself. I don't go raise hell or chase tail. I just go and pitch a tent and watch the sun go up and down. If I have a friend with me we can swap stories. If I don't, I just listen to the waves.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
G0015064 by Patrick Radke, on Flickr

Fly fishing with my dog.

What pound test line do you need to cast your dog? Razz Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
If it's 50° or above, riding my motorcycle. Nowhere in particular, just find a road I haven't been on yet and see where it goes.

If it's colder, or otherwise non-riding weather, playing in my shop. I really enjoy building something useful out of whatever I have laying around in my jun...uh..."spare inventory" pile.

This morning I'm going to start on building a scissors hoist for my dump trailer. There will be much noise, smoke, fire and grinding dust in the shop for the next couple of days.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I can spend hours in my garage just fixing things that broke or don't work any more.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Hard to pick a "favorite", but among the activities I enjoy are choral singing, handbell ringing, photography (on trips/tours), traveling, and pistol shooting (although I don't do a lot of that any more). I spend a lot of time doing genealogy on the web.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Long drives through the city at night, with appropriate tuneage, of course.

I'm sad that I was born a few years too late to enjoy cruising.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Wild hog hunting and throwing sparks on my grinder making knives!! Re-loading, customizing my guns, I do stay VERY busy!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sport clay shooting.

Posts: 785 | Location: Eastern Ma. | Registered: November 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Anything outdoors with skiing being at the top of the list. In the late 70's, we would go to Vermont for a week and ski at a different place each day and then on the final day, go back to our favorite place.

Fly fishing, hunting, and mountain biking would be next.

OP, there are nutritional supplements that would help your wife:

http://www.lifeextension.com/P...s-Phenomenon/Page-02

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Watching my Auburn Tigers play like they did today. I love college football.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6043 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Scuba diving on a larger wreck I have never explored and got into places very few will every see.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16399 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
This is pretty hard to beat on a small Oregon coastal stream fresh out of the ocean, and fight like nothing else.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Riding really fast 2 wheelers around corners too fast.

Driving really fast 4 wheelers around corners too fast.

Working and training the Maligator.

Dating women 20 years younger than me.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
going on trips with my family

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I think going on road trips.

I always used to enjoy it. Stopped doing it for the longest time. Then, four-five years ago my wife and I went on a real vacation for the first time in ages. Drove up to Michigan's UP and cruised around there for most of a week.

My love of going on road trips has been rekindled. We went to the west side of the state for a few nights a few weeks ago. We're going somewhere for an over-nighter w/in the next couple weeks or so.

It's fun being on the road and seeing new places.

We're talking about an RV, so we can take longer trips and bring the cats.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
This.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Reading the Sig Forum and learning new things to do and how to do them!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Lately, reading SIGforum and then ordering expensive shit that I don't need from Amazon.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Road cycling, boating, water skiing, sailboat racing, ice skating, working on my cars, motorcycles, boats and bicycles. Shooting, gun smithing, reloading. Hanging out with wife, kids and new grandson.

Doing anything with my son, especially cycling, canoe racing, and playing hockey. He's a supremely likable guy. In many ways he's an improved version of me. Much improved. He's positive, caring, deals in no BS, blows off any ill will sent his way. He only deals in positivity and creating. He can immediately sense BS and judge character. He has a great yoga instructor and musician girlfriend. My daughter is quite special too. It's been amazing watching her become a mother. Her son Henry is a lucky guy. Her husband is amazingly brilliant and a great dad.

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post