SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is your favorite thing to do???
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your favorite thing to do??? Login/Join 
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Work on my car. I recently spent a weekend doing a lot of easy work that would have cost me a pretty penny if I took it somewhere (new brakes and rotors all around, installed a catch can, oil change, spark plug change, cleaned the throttle body).

I know I like to do that kind of mechanical work but I didn't realize how happy it made me until this time after I finished everything. I have always longed for an old Dodge or Plymouth muscle car like my dad had when I was a kid and I realized that weekend, I need to make this dream a reality. Doing a restoration or even fixing up a driver would be therapy for me!

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Flying during sunset. I love getting off work, climbing in a 170, cub,or a stearman and watching a sunset. So peaceful, the colors are mesmerizing.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
I enjoy photography and riding the beast!

Posts: 4410 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Hookers and blow? Jk. Not much I enjoy more than being on the lake in general or fishing. It is my happy place.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oldrider
posted Hide Post
I've always gotten off rebuilding and pounding the hell out of this mismatched pile of parts. She leaks, is a bitch to keep in tune sometimes, but when it's roaring and rattling beneath me over the speed limit I'm a happy camper.

Posts: 360 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
It used to be offshore tournament fishing. Since my brother's death I have no desire to go back out.

Now it's road cycling. It literally is my drug of choice. I down with a bum knee andit is driving me crazy.

Hunting is up there also.

For absolute chill after riding, an 1845 Pilsner, Treasure Grove Pale, or a Sam Adams Boston Lager.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Legal or what?

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Playing with my grandsons and my nephews would be my favorite thing. Hunting and fishing wou be second.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alternates between driving (track events) & flying (currently in the market for a Piper Cherokee)

Posts: 880 | Registered: October 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I have enjoyed a wide variety of activities, but have had to give them up as this lung disease has progressed. About all that is left are ham radio and reading.

My pilot license has gone some years ago. My doctor won’t let me ride in an airplane, much less fly one. I’ve had to quit triathloning, running, biking, swimming, hiking Grand Canyon. We sold the boat after moving from Coronado. I haven’t shot a firearm in more than a year. I gave up playing in the community band finally, last year and sold my tuba. Tomorrow is Alumni Band Day at UT in which I will not be able to participate.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't have a pic, but study the Holy Scriptures: Authorized King James Version 1611 Bible.

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
Get high

Damn I miss those days! I broke too many bones and got too old. Now my favorite thing to do is ride my Goldwing on the street.

Riding the Goldwing also lets me do two other great things I love. Spend time with my wife and go see my mom.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/N5uku54_i2E

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Two chicks...at the same time.

Well, that, and playing golf by myself late on a summer evening when nobody else is on the course.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Family, friends, music, shooting and selling guns, eating!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Boating. Diving. Traveling.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
G0015064 by Patrick Radke, on Flickr

Fly fishing with my dog.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Riding my S1000XR all over the Yoop.
Summer evenings on the Superior shore.
Yoop night skies on clear nights, especially the Northern Lights.
Sunny days after the snow storm.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Skiing. Sadly, time and money severely limit how often I can do it.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Watch my boys play baseball.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post