SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is your favorite thing to do???
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your favorite thing to do??? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Granted this is a firearms forum so I expect that will be the top for some folks. While I do enjoy the shooting sports it would likely be number 3 on my list.

Snow Skiing without a doubt tops my list.
I love to ski and sadly I do not get to do it nearly enough. Biggest factor is where I live I am a few hour drive to anything really worthy.
But the biggest kicker is that my wife suffers from Raynauds so being out in the cold for a extended period of time is pure misery for her and she actually looses the use of her hands.
So ski trips are not a top priority.
My oldest boy is 4 and I hope to get him on the slopes this year.

So what is your favorite?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Watching the sunset on Lake Michigan, siting on the Beach at Portage Point, with a cigar and a beer, surrounded by my family and our Dog, with a beach bonfire where the kids are making S'mores.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
...my wife

Outside of that...

#1 is guitar playing
#2 is shooting

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
This:

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
See my Avatar!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Used to be fishing, but it got so bad that I couldn't find an excuse to sit watching the water for hours.

Sooooo, I changed to turning wood. Just came upstairs for supper and will go back down to my work shop and continue turning that eastern aromatic cedar small bowl.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
Reading, playing with my cats, playing bass and being with my daughters. I also kinda like women, food and wine.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
There are several, even beyond the obvious (...brown chicken, brown cow...)

Listening to music, or playing/creating music, or seeing live music,
Snowboarding, skateboarding, mountainbiking, jet skiing.
Eating amazing food, tasting amazing whiskey, etc.

I'm primarily a hedonist to my very core.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
work, cause it aint work.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is your favorite thing to do?
You mean with my clothes on?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Read

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Drive
I really miss my autocross days.

Quite enjoyed flying when I had a free Cessna 150 available to me, just had to keep fuel in it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Playing my synthesizers definitely tops the list.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Gulf coast beach time is a family favorite.

Fishing is climbing for me lately. Deer hunting and duck hunting has always been a passion.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Get high

Posts: 10749 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Set the hook in a big angry Largemouth Bass.

-----------------------------------

Posts: 2424 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I love to bird hunt and play the drums.

And I love to do anything with my two little boys. Once they're big enough to bird hunt, I'll be a hard man to make mad.

I love to fly fish, too. But its a distant third to hunting and music.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Fly fish and hunt. I could live happily ever after on a desert island doing just those two things.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post