SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    School me on quality and price of new gas water heater.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

School me on quality and price of new gas water heater. Login/Join 
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
Two will remove the old one and get the new one up into the attic.

Not an easy job. Cost me $2k to have the one in the attic of my former condo replaced.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bradford White 50-gallon for $650 installed in 2008. Failed within 6 year warranty, got free replacement in 2014, just labor about $200 I think.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
Two will remove the old one and get the new one up into the attic.

Not an easy job. Cost me $2k to have the one in the attic of my former condo replaced.

Attic jobs are not easy. Did it my self on a fifty gallon.

Did a pretty job with copper piping and all but required comealong and a hand truck. They get heavy with sediment on the removal.

It would have been an expensive job to hire out.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys and your attic water heaters... what was the guy smoking to put it up there in the first place?

That'd be the last place I'd put one... well, there and the crawlspace.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
That same thought crossed my mind a few times yesterday. Thank goodness for comealongs.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
We recently replaced a 50 Gal, $1000.00. We have two water heaters, replaced the other one 3 years earlier, 11 and 14 year life.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post