SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Singer Ryan Adams In #MeToo Trouble Now
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Singer Ryan Adams In #MeToo Trouble Now Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Crap, this sucks as I think this guy makes some good music but I know he's a drunk and a bit of a wacko. Confused

I guess he will become a nonperson soon.

*RYAN Adams, not BRYAN Adams*

quote:

FBI opens investigation into Ryan Adams after claims he asked a 15-year-old girl to send nude photos and exposed himself during Skype sex'

-The New York bureau of the FBI has opened a criminal probe after a young woman told the New York Times she had Skype sex sessions with Ryan Adams
-A woman by the name of Ava, now 20, also shared texts that show Adams lamenting the fact that she had not sent him photos of herself in some time
-Seven women, including Adams' ex-wife Mandy Moore, accused him of manipulative behavior and of pursuing female artists for sex in the Times expose
-One of these women was an underage bassist, whose allegations are the basis for the criminal investigation that is now underway by federal agents

Link

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I don't know of any songs by Ryan OR Bryan Adams.

I guess they are already non-people to me.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
I don't know of any songs by Ryan OR Bryan Adams.

I guess they are already non-people to me.

One of my favorites, was also done by The Corrs:

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Talented and obviously, troubled. Guess he found out that the rules of society do apply to him as well.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Never heard of 'im *shrug*

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Sounds like he was scummy but fine until he tried to go after an underage girl.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Who keeps text for 5 years and THEN breaks them out?

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
-Seven women, including Adams' ex-wife Mandy Moore, accused him of manipulative behavior and of pursuing female artists for sex in the Times expose

Well there we have it! Proof that Ryan Adams is just like every other guy (at least in this regard), and half of all females. Oh the humanity!

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Never heard of 'im *shrug*

That's unfortunate. He's made some great music. IMO of course.

What I want to know is how he was able to bag Mandy Moore. Lucky bastard.

Posts: 20083 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Never cared for him, a bit too derivative, a poser, IMO. Really prolific, but I don't like the songs I have heard. I kinda liked some of his Whiskeytown stuff, but still trying a bit too hard to sound and act like The Replacements, with Gram Parsons thrown in.

This Me too shit is getting silly.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Went to see him 2 times with my son. Once opening for Oasis, second time he headlined after Butch Walker. Both times he was good but I really didn’t know much about his music beforehand. I can believe lots of money, fame, alcohol and drugs can cause you to fuck up with tenderonies. That was normal back in the day for musicians. Not saying it’s right.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post