SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Got me a new guitar
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got me a new guitar Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
I had been looking for a acoustic guitar for a while and narrowed it down to a Seagull and a PRS SE Angelus (PRS Korean made). Because of the political climate in Korea and the mahogany construction I went with the SE/PRS over the Canadian made Seagull. I am loving how it sounds. I also like how the jack and controls are hidden so it is not obvious that it is acoustic/electric. What a fun guitar!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I love my PRS Artist, although mine is more of the double humbucker (57/08s)/mahogany/tiger maple category. I do believe the PRS Korea made guitars are of great value. Congratulations!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
very nice

in a moment of weakness as while back I went out and picked up another guitar...a Cordoba C7 gut-stringed guitar

I have a Seagull by the way and it has awesome tone - love it

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I had forgotten how fun it is to play acoustic. I learned on a acoustic but had been playing only electrics for the past few years. It's sweet to have an acoustic guitar again. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didnt Santana used to play a Paul Reed Smith?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, I like it. There are some awesome guitars being made in Asia now. I have a Guild acoustic that was made in China and it sounds as good or better than several high end American made acoustics that I've played.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3524 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
Didnt Santana used to play a Paul Reed Smith?

Still does. He's a contract artist for PRS with a signature guitar. He's been affiliated with PRS for quite a few years.

Posts: 13236 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I had forgotten how fun it is to play acoustic. I learned on a acoustic but had been playing only electrics for the past few years. It's sweet to have an acoustic guitar again. Smile

Nice! The key is always having it at hand and ready to go.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Posted by sigspecops,

quote:
Congratulations, I like it. There are some awesome guitars being made in Asia now. I have a Guild acoustic that was made in China and it sounds as good or better than several high end American made acoustics that I've played.

I think the same goes for Asian made electrics. My two favorite electric guitars currently are a Indonesian made Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar and a made in Japan Fender Mustang Special.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Oddly enough, I've never played a PRS acoustic - but love my McCarty model dearly.

That looks pretty nice.

Congratulations.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post