SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    YoutubeTV just raised prices 30% - recommend a new internet TV option
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

YoutubeTV just raised prices 30% - recommend a new internet TV option Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
We signed up 60 days ago as it’s the only service with locals. We live in the sticks.

I've a friend with a cabin so far out in the wilderness there are no utilities whatsoever, and even cell service is marginal. He can still get something like 13 channels, and, I believe, each of the major networks with just a rooftop antenna.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25980 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
I was hoping to see The History Channel added with the price hike. Instead a bunch of channels I'll never watch.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had PSVUE and really liked it, then went to Youtube tv and like it. Also have Prime and Netflix. Not too happy about Youtube going up $8 a month today, but everything has gone up in the past year, both Amazon and Prime.....I looked around when PSVUE went out less than a year ago and Hulu was missing some channels I like and Direct TV was more........what a pain, I don't think I'm going to switch yet. I don't care about any of the channels they added.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBTRS:
I was hoping to see The History Channel added with the price hike. Instead a bunch of channels I'll never watch.

Their service/ channel lineup has become so bloated with garbage, I literally went through and deleted 40 channels a few months ago to make it easier to get through them.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
I had PSVUE and really liked it, then went to Youtube tv and like it. Also have Prime and Netflix. Not too happy about Youtube going up $8 a month today, but everything has gone up in the past year, both Amazon and Prime.....I looked around when PSVUE went out less than a year ago and Hulu was missing some channels I like and Direct TV was more........what a pain, I don't think I'm going to switch yet. I don't care about any of the channels they added.

They announced service would increase from 49.99 to 64.99. Not sure where you hear $8. In their three years in existence, they have increased from $32.99 (without tax) to 64.99 with tax. From several online sources, it looks like about 25% of people are talking about dropping them.

Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
And...

FuboTV just raised their monthly rate 20 percent. Looking back, they also raise their rates 20 percent 15 months ago.

These services are "buying" clients from cable, and then raising their rates.

At least you can move from service to service at will monthly.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Just got that email as well.

I primarily got YTTV for EXPN so I could watch Formula 1.
May look into dropping YTTV & going to F1 access for next season.

I added espn+ to my disney+ package so I'm hoping to do all my F1 watching on there.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
quote:

I added espn+ to my disney+ package so I'm hoping to do all my F1 watching on there.

We had Disney -, but cancelled it because all the new shows that were supposed to come out in summer were pushed to the late fall. I went back to Disney, but you have to get Hulu as well - is that what you did?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

They announced service would increase from 49.99 to 64.99. Not sure where you hear $8. In their three years in existence, they have increased from $32.99 (without tax) to 64.99 with tax. From several online sources, it looks like about 25% of people are talking about dropping them.

I joined youtube in January when PSVUE stopped service. My plan was $55.99 when I signed up. A message popped up on my screen saying there were about 8 crappy channels added (mtv, vh-1 and others) and the bill was going up $8 a month. Maybe they raised existing customers slower and newer customers like me started at a higher price? IDK.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
For my viewing, Hulu+Live is the best option to YouTube TV, which I've had for a couple of years now. My prediction is that a ton of people will defect YouTube TV to go to Hulu+Live, and then in less than 6 months Hulu+Live will go to $63.99, just a hair below YouTube TV.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I rotate. I use sling one month, YouTube TV for a month, Hulu for a month, some months I turn the tv off and pay for nothing. Keeps it fresh with fresh content, when I want. Works for me.

Posts: 6658 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
There is a company called Fraction TV, all the local channels, sports, PPV, Movies etc for about $35 a month. call 505.886.2175 to get information, neighbor uses it for past year, multiple TV and on digital devices, no contract needed...

Posts: 23193 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by italia:
For my viewing, Hulu+Live is the best option to YouTube TV, which I've had for a couple of years now. My prediction is that a ton of people will defect YouTube TV to go to Hulu+Live, and then in less than 6 months Hulu+Live will go to $63.99, just a hair below YouTube TV.

Actually looking at Hulu right now. I have YTTV, had it for maybe 2 years and have seen 2 price jumps. Has Hulu been pretty good? I already have a hulu without commercials for $12 so if I can just add the live TV and take the price up to $55 or whatever and drop YTTV that saves about $20/mo for me.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2429 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
quote:

Actually looking at Hulu right now. I have YTTV, had it for maybe 2 years and have seen 2 price jumps. Has Hulu been pretty good? I already have a hulu without commercials for $12 so if I can just add the live TV and take the price up to $55 or whatever and drop YTTV that saves about $20/mo for me.

Sorry, my grammar wasn't very good. I've had YouTube TV for a couple of years now. I am also looking at switching to Hulu+Live.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
quote:

Sorry, my grammar wasn't very good. I've had YouTube TV for a couple of years now. I am also looking at switching to Hulu+Live.

Oops so you're in the same boat. I'm betting Hulu price will go up soon, too. One review I just read said it went from 45 to 55 in Dec 19.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2429 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
quote:
quote:

We had Disney -, but cancelled it because all the new shows that were supposed to come out in summer were pushed to the late fall. I went back to Disney, but you have to get Hulu as well - is that what you did?

We got disney by itself at first for our kids.

We just cut the cord so we added Hulu and ESPN. I think you could pick if you just wanted one. All 3 for the price of Netflix is pretty damn good.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

We have ESPN+ (from adding Disney+) and I did not see live F1 on there last season.
Will check again this weekend once wheels start turning.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15111 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

We have ESPN+ (from adding Disney+) and I did not see live F1 on there last season.
Will check again this weekend once wheels start turning.

I signed up for this for 1 month as a trial. My current youtube subscription ends on 7/17, so I'll ket you know how it goes.

posted Hide Post
I dropped uverse U-200. $120.00 monthly. Bought an over the air dvr. It has a channel guide with a monthly cost. Have Hulu without commercials. When I thought about what we watched, I would not pay for them. Then I realized I was paying for them and commercial times were almost equal to content time.
Wife has been watching Hulu and is content. I am happy Not to be paying for Disney and sports. May add frndly channel to get the gun shows on Wed.
Most of what we watched were things we had already seen anyway.
Ordered some stuff from Amazon and signed up for a month of Prime to get the free shipping.

Posts: 1387 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Paramount is gonna cost extra after a couple of shows so Yellowstone is a gimmick ....

I also went to YouTube when Sony bailed.
The chity stations added are a slap in the face.
Doesn't look like there is anywhere to go for tv junkies like me :/

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post