SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    MLB drops hammer on Astros, owner fires manage & GM
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MLB drops hammer on Astros, owner fires manage & GM Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Old Patriot joke. Why is it a good thing to date an Astro fan woman? Because they don't care if you cheat.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Let’s keep reposting shit until the font is so small we can’t even read it Roll Eyes

Alex Cora is gone.
Ciao, baby.
Hey, Alex.
You’ll be out of work for a while.
Go fix Puerto Rico.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The commissioner's report:

https://img.mlbstatic.com/mlb-...hmlrwwbkacty27l7.pdf

He told all teams to knock it off on 9/15/17. The Astros didn't. No but, but, but about it. They got caught doing dirty.

Posts: 4277 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kingfish007:
My point exactly. You cannot prove that these cheating scandals altered the outcome of the game. If you are going to strip the Astros of their title, how many other titles you will have to take away from teams with cheating scandals in the past?

Ok, you got me confused as to either you wanted titles striped or, not.

Nobody is having their titles striped, including the Astros.

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any more shoes left to drop....? Beltran?

Red Sox Fire Alex Cora in Wake of Astros Investigation

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey look man I quoted your quote so your quote could be quoted by my quote..

For fucks sake, stop! Even Para asked us to stop this quoting the quote of a quote...

Oh my bad.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Wouldn't break my heart to have the Mets change their minds on Carlos The Statue.

Lol, that called 3rd strike still burns huh? He had a pretty good career but that is how most will remember him, well maybe not now. I know, never feel sorry for millionaire Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dave7378,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Stealing signs has been around for quite awhile nobody is disputing that, and while introducing technology is new, the players in the league knew or, at the least had some pretty grounded suspicions. And yet, the Astros persisted despite being told by MLB to knock-it-off; this has been an on-going issue for many seasons now. There was plenty of opportunity for the Astros to stop what they were doing, they didn't. Cora, despite the warnings, continued the practice with the Red Sox, to which that investigation will soon uncover how pervasive that was. The crux is, they got caught despite being told to stop, they defied MLB.

In the "old days," if a team suspected their signs had been stolen, they'd burn a mound visit by the catcher to switch to a new set of signs. Every team has multiple sets of signals.

And they would've plunked some batters.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kingfish007:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:

Keep telling yourself that. The only people that don’t want to admit the truth are the Texans in this thread.

They cheated for a reason. Because they were gaining an unfair competitive advantage. Otherwise they wouldn’t do it. Period.

I never defended the Astros for what they did. I just don't believe taking away their title is the right course of action...

Which proves you are intellectually dishonest and tieing yourself in knots. Wink

Proof is easier for some people than others, apparently.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
"self righteous assholes."

.QUOTE]

smshulz,

a little self reflection could prove enlightening regarding the term "self righteous assholes."

Wink

you have made it clear no matter what the Astro's did. And have been punished for.You think it was ok. And anyone who agree's with Mlb is a "self righteous asshole and is just a pussy."

That is precious. It really is Smile

ORC, that’s why I quit replying. When someone says I’m a self righteous asshole and a pussy because I think that people should have integrity, I realized my words were useless.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Stealing signs has been around for quite awhile nobody is disputing that, and while introducing technology is new, the players in the league knew or, at the least had some pretty grounded suspicions. And yet, the Astros persisted despite being told by MLB to knock-it-off; this has been an on-going issue for many seasons now. There was plenty of opportunity for the Astros to stop what they were doing, they didn't. Cora, despite the warnings, continued the practice with the Red Sox, to which that investigation will soon uncover how pervasive that was. The crux is, they got caught despite being told to stop, they defied MLB.

In the "old days," if a team suspected their signs had been stolen, they'd burn a mound visit by the catcher to switch to a new set of signs. Every team has multiple sets of signals.

And they would've plunked some batters.

The MLB does not prohibit the stealing of signs. The MLB rule prohibits the stealing of signs electronically such as video, fit bit watches, Apple watches, etc.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
And Carlos Beltran is done. NY Mets / Beltran Part Ways

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
The MLB does not prohibit the stealing of signs. The MLB rule prohibits the stealing of signs electronically such as video, fit bit watches, Apple watches, etc.
Similar to the NFL. If you can figure out their signals and calls by watching them, hearing them, seeing what they are up to on the field, great.

You can't have an electronic snooping division recording, listening, and decoding signs real time and in turn feeding it to the QD / D-line.

Because it's CHEATING.

Well, it is as long as you aren't the Patriots... Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Similar to the NFL. If you can figure out their signals and calls by watching them, hearing them, seeing what they are up to on the field, great.

You can't have an electronic snooping division recording, listening, and decoding signs real time and in turn feeding it to the QD / D-line.

Because it's CHEATING.

Well, it is as long as you aren't the Patriots... Wink

This is exactly the point.

Feel pretty bad for Beltran but actions have consequences. Hopefully he comes out the other side. BS to me that someone like Arod who not only cheated multiple times but then threw anything and everything under the bus to try to save his ass is now the face of baseball for ESPN.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:

Feel pretty bad for Beltran but actions have consequences. Hopefully he comes out the other side. BS to me that someone like Arod who not only cheated multiple times but then threw anything and everything under the bus to try to save his ass is now the face of baseball for ESPN.

Agreed. Wasn't A-Rod the original $250 million man? Living proof that cheaters can prosper, its all on how you network.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1935 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob at the Beach
posted Hide Post
There has always been cheating in baseball. Pine tar put on balls, spit balls , baseball seams doctored, corked bats, stealing signs and now banging a trash can with a bat. I really enjoy baseball.
The banging on a trash can in a full stadium to send a signal is hilarious. How someone would think of that I don’t.

Posts: 1473 | Location: Boardwalk, Va Beach | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post