SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    MLB drops hammer on Astros, owner fires manage & GM
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MLB drops hammer on Astros, owner fires manage & GM Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:

??? MLB comes down hard on a team for cheating, the owner fires those responsible, and you're done with MLB? I don't get it.

Not only does he want them drawn and quartered, he wants their bodies displayed in the public square.

These penalties are draconian, and I think they are excessive, so I think that believing that they should be even more severe is inexplicable.

You’re a great bloviator, jhe, I’ll give you that.
Are you trying to bring the cancel culture to Sigforum? Is that libtarded behavior ok if it’s your cause?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:

Teams were told to cease using technology to steal signs. The Astros kept using technology to steal signs.

There is dumb, extremely dumb, and pants-on-head stupid.

A team continues doing something they've been explicitly warned to stop doing.......as Mr. Rogers would ask "Can you say deterrence? See, I knew you could" Big Grin

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

Are you trying to bring the cancel culture to Sigforum? Is that libtarded behavior ok if it’s your cause?

I must've missed the call for canceling someone or something? Two people with dissenting opinions?

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soflaac:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

I must've missed the call for canceling someone or something? Two people with dissenting opinions?

Be careful. These Trashtros fans sure are touchy. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Guys

Posts: 107256 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
The title should be stripped. Just like when the NCAA stripped USC of their championships. The dodgers don’t deserve the title either, they didn’t win it. There should be no champion that year.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All professional sports teams do whatever they can to gain an edge.

If you are a championship caliber team - there are a LOT more eyes on you.

If the Pittsburg Pirates got caught doing the same thing - would anyone care?

Not saying it is Ok to cheat - just saying it is much more widespread in practice than most might believe. (similiar to PED's)

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take their World Series banner away, they were Sloppy in their cheating. A.J has managed his last MLB game . I suspect Cora going to be suspended for multiple years. The away games this year for the Stros should be interesting.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
You know in boxing they say "protect yourself at all times".
Seems if you are sending signals that someone could be watching.
Pretty stupid, IMO.
As far as I am concerned any self-righteous asshole who calls it cheating is just a pussy.

Same goes for the past "Inflate-Gate" bullshit.

Just let 'em play and let the chips fall where they may. Eek

Right, rules mean nothing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
Take their World Series banner away, they were Sloppy in their cheating. A.J has managed his last MLB game . I suspect Cora going to be suspended for multiple years. The away games this year for the Stros should be interesting.

Cora could get lifetime. Hinch got a year for not being involved. Cora was the one who set up the video.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Astros 2017 playoff splits. HOME 8-1. AWAY 3-6 .

Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
hit the trash can with a bat -- and sometimes a Theragun -- to signal to the hitter which pitch was coming

Was that Theragun registered?

I have a Theragun. Really good on the trashcan and body.

Sorry

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It has been reported that the venerable drummer, Ringo Star will be added as a free agent signing to the Astros staff upon passing his physical.

Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
The Houston asterisks should have the title vacated

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Cheating is cheating. You can fancy up the name and call it “gaming the system”, but at the end of the day, it comes down to a lack of integrity.

I think the penalty was a tad bit light. I think in addition to what was doled out, they should have lost the World Series Title.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if everyone does it , is it wrong ?
it's a game, only a very few people are going hungry because of this cheating

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Hey fellas - If I may: What exactly did they do?

Does anyone have the reader's digest version?

Thanks.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Hey fellas - If I may: What exactly did they do?

Does anyone have the reader's digest version?

Thanks.

Set up a video camera in the outfield. A couple guys in the tunnel behind the dugout would watch the feed. Double bang on a trash can when a change up was being thrown. No bangs for fastballs.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

You could use that argument for the college cheating scandal as well.

It’s a lack of integrity. Everyone here on this forum seems to have a moral compass that is spot on. However when something like this comes up, I scratch my head.

As I said in a previous post, it shows a lack of integrity. If one or all do it, it doesn’t change the direction of the moral compass.

quote:
The “lol” thread

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

You could use that argument for the college cheating scandal as well.

It’s a lack of integrity. Everyone here on this forum seems to have a moral compass that is spot on.
However when something like this comes up, I scratch my head.

As I said in a previous post, it shows a lack of integrity. If one or all do it, it doesn’t change the direction of the moral compass.

It is nowhere nearly the same as cheating on a college test.
Integrity comparison is bullshit.

Don't want you signals to be heard or seen then protect yourself and either shut up or get creative.
If you are going to "signal" then chances are someone can see it.

Maybe we make it illegal for QB's to read defenses too.

Ever wonder why the coaches cover their mouths when they talk to someone?
Answer: it's to keep their lips from getting read.

Maybe we should BAN stealing a base within the game. Eek

This whole thing is WAY overblown.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post