SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This was never going to have a happy ending....
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
This was never going to have a happy ending.... Login/Join 
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
I surely don't see a murder. I see a fairly solid self defense shooting.

The fact that the shooter chased after the other person while continuing to fire makes it a murder.

The above, and the fact that the guy in black de-escalated put his gun in his pants when the shooter pulled his and then pursued him makes this an almost impossible self-defense, defense.

Once you pull a gun, their is no such thing as "de-escalating".

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The how and why they were face to face is irrelevant to me at the point "Black gun" came out, at that point, "Silver gun" kept his wits and took opportunity to eliminate the threat.

1. He took the first opportunity he could to present his gun. "Black gun having "put his gun back in his pants, did nothing to remove the threat, but did provide opportunity for "Silver gun" to defend himself with his gun.

2. He fired, and with the continued presence of "Black gun" still in a position, with opportunity and motive and means, to return fire, "Silver gun" was still under threat.

3. By "Silver gun" fleeing when he had good opportunity to do so, shows his intent (as far as the video goes) to de-escalate and not continuing to use force. So, I would never agree that he "murdered" "Black gun. He certainly homicided the fuck out of him, but not murder.

At the point deadly force came into play and until "Silver gun" departs the area, and "Black gun" departs this life, "Silver gun" was, IMO, protecting himself and nothing more.

What I do see, is "Black gun" making an attempt to present and shoot up until the point that he stopped consuming good oxygen.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
This was never going to have a happy ending....

You never know, the could have both got clean shots on each other. I'd call that a happy ending.

ETA. I agree with the monkey *if* that was a legally owned gun carried with a valid CCW. My strong suspicion is neither black or silver were legal gun owners legally carrying. Either way if it were me in that situation, I'd be in fear for my life and also try to eliminate the threat. Just walking away did not appear to be an option.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Looks like around .41 seconds Mr Black gun was doing pocket check than tried going to other side before becoming a bullet sponge.

is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
(snip)
I also wonder about what appeared to be a large woman who got out of the vehicle at the end. Was she(?) blue pack’s mother

You might be on to something here. Black gun seems to be trying to get to the passenger side door, & she's not at the pump, but back a little from what might transpire.

If she knew prior, is she chargeable?

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
The how and why they were face to face is irrelevant to me at the point "Black gun" came out, at that point, "Silver gun" kept his wits and took opportunity to eliminate the threat.

1. He took the first opportunity he could to present his gun. "Black gun having "put his gun back in his pants, did nothing to remove the threat, but did provide opportunity for "Silver gun" to defend himself with his gun.

2. He fired, and with the continued presence of "Black gun" still in a position, with opportunity and motive and means, to return fire, "Silver gun" was still under threat.

3. By "Silver gun" fleeing when he had good opportunity to do so, shows his intent (as far as the video goes) to de-escalate and not continuing to use force. So, I would never agree that he "murdered" "Black gun. He certainly homicided the fuck out of him, but not murder.

At the point deadly force came into play and until "Silver gun" departs the area, and "Black gun" departs this life, "Silver gun" was, IMO, protecting himself and nothing more.

What I do see, is "Black gun" making an attempt to present and shoot up until the point that he stopped consuming good oxygen.

He certainly homicided the fuck out of him, but not murder.

Is that the layman's way of saying voluntary manslaughter?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:

Once you pull a gun, their is no such thing as "de-escalating".

Are you referencing a legal concept or 'gun-fighter' lore? The public defender (if the guy ever goes to trial, which I doubt) will be all over this.

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, he not only attempted to de-escalate the situation by returning his firearm to his pants he literally turned his life around and and ran for the hills".

Heat of the moment and all that it could be manslaughter, in WA anyway, but it isn't self defense.

Posts: 6356 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Looks like blue backpack pulled his gat, talked some smack, thought he out gangsta-ed the other guy, put it away, thought he had made his gangsta point, threw some more shade at what he thought was a punk bitch, and black backpack homey wasn't havin none o dat, and had to re-establish his street cred and represent from being dissed like a bitch, so he yanks his gat and shows blue backpack who the punk bitch really is...

And then proceeded to homicide the fuck out of him.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Report This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
homicide-the-fuck-out-of-him. >>Verb, may also be used with an object, as: He Homicided-the-fuck-out-of-him.

That could go into the SF word of the day file.

Posts: 6356 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jehova's Witness dispute?

The interwebz is now closed for the day. Big Grin

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Report This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
He's turned himself in. It was about a phone:

"Thomas met Mano in the parking lot to discuss a cellphone transaction between Thomas and the sister of Mano’s girlfriend, who said the iPhone was locked and demanded her money back.

They talked for a couple of minutes in a heated conversation that led to Mano drawing a large handgun from his pants, then putting it away.

A short time later, Thomas allegedly drew his gun and started firing, chasing Mano, who fell near the gas pumps"

I'd guess the phone was stolen and h didn't have the code to unlock it.

The family has weighed in:

"Kenneth Mano said, “My son pulled a gun out first. Someone pulled out a gun on you, the truth is you would be feeling threatened. But for it to escalate. How did my son who was walking away, get shot.”

In a cruel twist the pain they feel is something their dealing with for a second time. In Brooklyn, New York back in 2003 one of their other sons was shot dead and robbed as he waited for a bus."

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post
It's a sad world when you can't trust a guy named De'Andre, selling I phones in a parking lot.

Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
It's a sad world when you can't trust a guy named De'Andre, selling I phones in a parking lot.

Yup what's next, Craigslist crimes?

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
What I want to know is how the blue back pack guy kept that Tec-9 in his pants without it falling out.

I mean, he's not wearing jeans with a belt and we know that he doesn't have a holster....he's somehow walking around town with a heavy ass Tec-9 in nothing more than sports apparel/sweat pants...

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Another argument for Kevlar backpacks, y'know, ta go wit yo' gansta Tec-9....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Report This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Look VERY closely at the moment that both draw their weapons.

When the guy with the blue backpack turns quickly clockwise and starts to run, you can barely see a silver object fly from his hand toward the camera and land just on the other side of the yellow parking lane line.

Is that his gun?

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
Look VERY closely at the moment that both draw their weapons.

When the guy with the blue backpack turns quickly clockwise and starts to run, you can barely see a silver object fly from his hand toward the camera and land just on the other side of the yellow parking lane line.

Is that his gun?

His gun is black.

He actually looks to have it in his hands as he's about to collapse by the truck.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
What I want to know is how the blue back pack guy kept that Tec-9 in his pants without it falling out.

I mean, he's not wearing jeans with a belt and we know that he doesn't have a holster....he's somehow walking around town with a heavy ass Tec-9 in nothing more than sports apparel/sweat pants...

Holsterless magic. I've seen similar things. one of the standouts was when I saw a guy pull a PLR-16 (KelTec 5.56mm pistol) out of his pants with a 30 round AR mag in it, was walking around with no belt or holster and it stayed in there somehow.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Report This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Musta been a Sunday cause that dude is now holy.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Report This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
"At the time of the shooting, Thomas was free on a $65,000 bond pending a trial in connection with a robbery last April."

The shooter was a real winner, but we all knew that. Roll Eyes

Both guys, really, just stand up citizens.

article

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Report This Post