SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fitness Geeks: Just Finished Creatine Loading Phase
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fitness Geeks: Just Finished Creatine Loading Phase Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Good luck. I'm back into my winter mass building routine. Heavy weights with lower volume is my thing this time of year. I usually wait until March to start shedding fat by dialing in my diet and increasing cardio and adding high intensity weight training.

Just one tip that works for me to shed fat (besides taking fatburners)....everyday, I fill a 2 liter container with green tea.

I literally open 8-10 tea bags of green tea and dump it into the container, fill with water and drink it all day. Refill, drink again. On top of my daily gallon plus per day. (I pee a lot)

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
Thanks for the update. If you lost 2" on your waist you lost body fat, period. The measuring device is full of crap if it says you are the same, not possible.

Indeed.

One of the trainers had his skin fold calliper there. He had to extrapolate, because the lookup chart ended at age 57 (what's up with that?), but he came up with 19.3%. If the Omron Randrom Number Generator's initial measurement was more-or-less accurate, that'd be about 2% BF loss over 21 days. Curiously: That jibes with what the club manager estimated and what the Omron RNG claimed after my workout.

(Then the Omron RNG claimed I'd gone back up 1% after I showered and dressed, just before heading out the door )

quote:
Did you take before and after photos, if only for yourself?

Nah. I've never done that. My "gauges" are how much weight/resistance I'm doing and how well, cardio intensity, blood pressure readings, weight, how well I fit into 34" waist jeans and how I feel, overall.

quote:
In any case, the weight loss and 2" in 21 days is great work, good job!

Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
quote:
Omron Body Fat Analyser

According to the device website it uses resistance (well, Bioelectric Impedance but oh, well) to estimate body fat.

I was somewhat aware of their limitations. That's why I checked it a couple times, a few days apart, for, if not accuracy, at least consistency. It appeared to offer at least reasonably consistent results. E.g.: Measuring myself a couple times each, a few days apart, before deciding to sign up for the challenge, I got repeatable readings each day, and my BF percentage remained between 20.5% and 21.5%.

For yesterday: I went to the gym at about the same time as I did when I initially weighed-in and had striven throughout the day to hydrate about the same as I do normally.

quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:TL: DR - The reduced waistline doesn't lie - you did well!

Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Good luck. I'm back into my winter mass building routine. Heavy weights with lower volume is my thing this time of year. I usually wait until March to start shedding fat by dialing in my diet and increasing cardio and adding high intensity weight training.

*nod* That's a fairly typical cycle. I'll change-up my routine when I hit the wall, but I shy away from short sets with heavy weight. My joints and connective tissue don't handle it well at age 66 Wink

E.g.: I had been doing two sets of 12 reps pre-Challenge. It just happened that I was ready to change it up when that Challenge came along. So I bumped the weights/resistance and went to three sets of eight, occasionally doing pause/rest on the last set. When I stop making progress there I'll switch it up to pause/rest sets.

quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Just one tip that works for me to shed fat (besides taking fatburners)....everyday, I fill a 2 liter container with green tea.

Thanks for the hint, but I think I'll be good.

I'm annoyed by the outcome of the challenge as indicated by that Omron RNG, but I'm pleased with what I accomplished in 21 days. Now I'll go back to a more normal diet (mmmm... orange juice with my protein bar this morning Smile). I'll keep up with my workout schedule through Christmas -> New Years so I can hit the ground running after NYD. Then I'll cut way back on snacks and mind my portions again. Between the two I should be able to resume losing fat at a reduced, but fairly consistent rate.

Thanks for the comments, complements and encouragement, guys Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post