SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Word puzzle for those who enjoy that sort of thing
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Word puzzle for those who enjoy that sort of thing Login/Join 
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Well yes I have the title or phrase but why is the first blank square different and I'm missing how the DNA in damnation is a clue.

The angram popped in my head the moment I looked at it (pure luck), but the three bolded letters can be re-arranged to make one of the words.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I'm not very good at these.

I figured it out though once I got the first word and the third word, like others the other two fell into place.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Got it. A little slow on the uptake, but once I got Aeteocles hint it all fell into place.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Got it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Had Audie help me on this....

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Oh. There it is. I looked at it before and just didn't really try. This time just a quick glance gave it to me. Of course, there are some cats jamming on Led Zeppelin in the background this time. Totally helped.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rebut10
posted Hide Post
I got it. About 30 seconds, assuming I got it right. Pretty sure though.

Live free or die...
Don't tread on me...
Molon Labe...
Take your pick.

Posts: 1236 | Location: Not on Cape Cod. | Registered: December 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I'm stumped. Hint me. . .

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
Got it, and I suck at this stuff

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
HINT ALERT:

¿ʇuᴉod ǝuo ʇɐ uɐƃols ɹǝnɐS ƃᴉS ɐ ʇᴉ ʇ,usɐM

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16351 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
HINT ALERT:

¿ʇuᴉod ǝuo ʇɐ uɐƃols ɹǝnɐS ƃᴉS ɐ ʇᴉ ʇ,usɐM

Thanks got it.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Easy

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post