SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Word puzzle for those who enjoy that sort of thing
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Word puzzle for those who enjoy that sort of thing Login/Join 
Smarter than the
average bear
posted
My sister-in-law was doing puzzles on her phone and showed me this one, which I thought y'all might enjoy.

The object is to solve the puzzle, as in fill in the words that are shown in blank. The image above, in this case a word with three of the letters in bold, is a clue. The letters below the blanks are the letters to be used, and the sub-numbers "2" indicate that each of those letters are used twice... ie., there are two A's and two L's. Other letters are used once each.

If you get it, please just reply "I got it" and please don't reply with the answer! At least for a while, so others may play!

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I got it.
Smile

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I got it, but I can't make it work. (I know what the words are, but can't put letters in the boxes.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
It took longer to read the instructions than to figure out the phrase. I got it.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Took a couple of minutes to figure out the directions, but I got it.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
I got it..

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Yep.

(ʎɥdɹnW ǝᴉpn∀ ɯoɹɟ dlǝɥ ǝɯos pɐH)

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16347 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
yep.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Got it. Clever.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Took a few minutes, but I got it.

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1903 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
got it.

Posts: 178 | Registered: January 27, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
GOT IT.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I got it, but I can't make it work. (I know what the words are, but can't put letters in the boxes.)

Same here. Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

Same here. Frown

What do you guys mean? It's just a screenshot, not an interactive screen. If you know the words, you got the puzzle.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16347 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:

What do you guys mean? It's just a screenshot, not an interactive screen. If you know the words, you got the puzzle.

Hey, give us a break. It's an old age thing! hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:

Hey, give us a break. It's an old age thing! hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

It's not like I myself struggled for over an hour trying to move those damn letters around.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
It is indeed just a screen shot. In all my lengthy instructions I didn't realize I had to spell that out! And this is not my puzzle- I just thought y'all might like it when I saw it. Y'all know why.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Got it. I think. Lol. Must have been real easy for this guy who can’t visualize to figure it out.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
got it. For me it turned on figuring out one of the words, then the rest just sort of fell into place.

Posts: 6469 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Well yes I have the title or phrase but why is the first blank square different and I'm missing how the DNA in damnation is a clue.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post