SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    homemade hiking grill
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

homemade hiking grill Login/Join 
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted
I saw something like this online and decided to give it a try. I had the copper pipe, ordered some cheap bike tire spokes from Amazon.

It's small but you could go bigger depending on the size of the tire spokes you have. I had to cut mine down. I used 8" of copper pipe. 3/4" and 1/2". Spokes can not be longer then the pipe as they have to fit in there.

weight is 8.8oz.

For size comparison with a standard iso/butane canister.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16395 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
That's pretty cool!
Can it all be stored inside the 3/4" pipe?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
I think I'm done trying to invent one of my own. That is now stolen.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5149 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
That's pretty cool!
Can it all be stored inside the 3/4" pipe?

Yes. If you go bigger you just have to make sure all the spokes will fit in the 1/2" pipe which sits inside the 3/4" pipe.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16395 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post