Find
Notify
Tools

One Gun Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Assuming a Glock 19 is the one pistol: What if I want to hunt doves? What if I want to shoot a pronghorn?

So whacher'sayin is you are not that good with a Glock 19??? Smile

I was joking about the G19. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
I am an old ball as I carry any number of different guns--from a G30 to a G19, to a 229, to a S&W Model 66. Just depends on my mood and I like some of them, but LOVE others. Same can be said for rifles and shotguns--what am I doing, and what kind of gun do I want to carry that day.

As for one gun, make it one that is comfortable and learn to shoot it. I would love a MK 23, but have the hands of a 13 Y/O girl (not that soft thoughSmile, so it's a non starter for me.

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
1911 for me. I have been shooting that platform for 24 years and it just seems to be the most comfortable for me.

Not that I am anything to write home about at the range. More of a somewhat overweight guy that "plinks" than anything tacticool.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
This is my rifle this is my gun....

I look at guns like I look at women, cars, and watches; variety is the spice of life.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
I try not to judge...seriously, those things are ugly and super front-heavy.

Seriously though, if I had to grab just one pistol before my house exploded, I know which one I would grab. I've got lots that I like better, or that are more accurate or lighter or more precious. When it comes down to it though, if I was to grab only one pistol to actually USE...I know which it would be.

Same goes for my rifles. I know which one I would pick. The really tough part is, when it comes right down to it, would I grab the rifle or the pistol? That, I really can't say.

- Bret

Posts: 2461 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post