SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Attitude, attitude and more attitude in (gasp!) Baltimore from an "official" being cited for traffic violations
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Attitude, attitude and more attitude in (gasp!) Baltimore from an "official" being cited for traffic violations Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
All of that to what end?

I can only think he was trying to make some point by getting arrested. Which I likewise don't understand.

That, or he is a moron.

Or both.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some people never learn, don't argue with a cop. The dude stuck his dick out and cop stepped on it for him!!

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I believe I heard the officer say he’d have given no ticket whatsoever if he would have just moved his car when asked. Probably on a PA speaker? But you just gotta make it an issue when respect is on the line, right?

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
I can't find any more recent news on this, than May of this year. Did he in fact pay the tickets ... all of them?

Posts: 4698 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
I’m really impressed with the patience and professionalism the officer displayed while dealing with that jerk.

I was hoping for a “don’t tase me bro” moment the entire video.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12GA:
I was hoping for a “don’t tase me bro” moment the entire video.

So was the “good reverend.”

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
A police officer that I was chatting with many years ago explained the discretion they can use often in situations such as shown in the original post, he said “You want to play the game, that’s fine, I’ll play the game, too, and I know the rules better than you do.”

Posts: 12180 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
I believe I heard the officer say he’d have given no ticket whatsoever if he would have just moved his car when asked. Probably on a PA speaker? But you just gotta make it an issue when respect is on the line, right?

<Dave_Chappelle> ‘jus keepin’it reel ... </Dave_Chappelle>

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed that tutorial on how it's done by a pro. Nice work

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
The outcome: Dude apologized and stepped down from his chair.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/w1540Hh2B-k" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]
Teachable moment for all my ass. Those are two spectacularly stupid black men. Way to be an example for black youth...of what an ignorant asshole looks like.
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
That, or he is a moron.
You did listen to him speak on video, right? I'd estimate his IQ somewhere around room temp.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

I don’t see an apology from the “Reverend” in that video. He might have used the words, but the raised eyebrows and tone of voice tell me he was forced to so and didn't like it.
Listen to the verbiage he used. He's willing to apologize to the "residents of Baltimare". No mention at all of apologizing to the officer for his behavior.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Ghetto voice>>Yo, son wasn't havin' it and clapped back at those pigs.<<

A rev's gotta do what a Rev's gotta do.

Slight thread drift, do any of these honyocks actually go to Divinity College or do they claim the collar on a mountain of outrage, bile and entitlement and then just make it up?

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Just another stupid person who thinks they are smart being shown that they aren’t.

Too bad he is too stupid to understand the lesson.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3850 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
They're always a "reverend."

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Dude is mentally 7 years old. Thing is though, 7 year olds have an excuse for acting like idiots. Way to go chief.
That's what I was thinking, he's more juvenile than a 16 year old. And an even stupider idiot appointed him CHAIR of the oversight committee.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2082 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Jackass got caught.

Posts: 8621 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What an idiot, absolute idiot.

How hard is it to follow instructions, just move along, sorry dropping off a passenger, Nope. It's an issue, white cop, black motorist, I gotta stand-up for my principals. What principals are those...not reading the situation correctly? Acting like a fool and revealing yourself to be a child? Building a legal record by growing a $50 citation to a $500+ series of citations?

Unbelievable...smh

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bayouman:
In my experience the officer was a model of professional behavior.

holy cow - that office was wired straight

simply a model of service - he knew his shit backwards and forwards

incredible

--------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Looks like the city of Baltimore needs a community oversight taskforce for the Community Oversight Taskforce, but maybe that’s just me

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
That’s some old school goodness right there. Good for him.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post