SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Attitude, attitude and more attitude in (gasp!) Baltimore from an "official" being cited for traffic violations
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Attitude, attitude and more attitude in (gasp!) Baltimore from an "official" being cited for traffic violations Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
...and my kind of police officer running the show. I'd buy that guy a beer any day.

Simple shit, turned complicated over nothing but that gigantic chip on this asshole's shoulder:

From earlier this year. Don't park in the middle of the road, stupid.

"I'll wait for you to finish with your phone." Love it. Great job, Sarge.

You can tell that he has dealt with these douchebags many times.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Another mental giant from the "hands up, don't shoot" crowd, no doubt.

The cop couldn't have been more professional. It must get very old dealing with crap like this.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
He went from a $60 fine, which he may or may not have actually received if he had been polite, to $500 in fines for being a punk.

He wasted a lot of police resources as well. I think these clowns should be fined for the cost of the resources they waste too. The other police officers could definitely be better used in other parts of that town.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Press hard.
Three copies.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
That was priceless. Agree they should be professional but after the total attitude i can understand the PO being a little rougher. Fact is the occupant was a total jack off. He could have got a single ticket if he was normal. Hell, I'm pretty sure i could have talked my way out of getting that first ticket. But no, he had to get on his high horse. Deserved everything he got IMO. Total tool.

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
"Bodycam video showed Civilian Oversight Task Force Chair Marvin McKenstry refused at least 60 requests to provide his driver’s license to police on the afternoon of April 13... McKenstry was appointed to the oversight task force by Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh"

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
That officer had the patience of Job. I believe I'd have taken him up on his request to be arrested if I'd been in the officers place.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6727 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
The outcome: Dude apologized and stepped down from his chair.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bayouman
posted Hide Post
In my experience the officer was a model of professional behavior. The asshole was lucky because many officers would have cuffed him and rolled his butt to the pokey.

Bayouman
Never let the enemy pick the battle site.

Posts: 727 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana  | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
"Call Ed please. He won't let me use my phone. You got Ed number?"

Dumb MF can't even form a simple contraction.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mojojojo:
That officer had the patience of Job. I believe I'd have taken him up on his request to be arrested if I'd been in the officers place.

After he said it the second time, I would have too. Then "sir I'm taking you up on your request and you are under arrest. Your car will be impounded and you will be responsible for towing and storage costs".

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
So, if I understood the video, the officer's conduct is being investigated. Wonder why that is.

Not really, it's Baltimore with its past history of how they deal with cops.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
The outcome: Dude apologized and stepped down from his chair.

I don’t see an apology from the “Reverend” in that video. He might have used the words, but the raised eyebrows and tone of voice tell me he was forced to so and didn't like it.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.baltimoresun.com/n...-20180506-story.html

McKenstry told The Sun last week the traffic stop was “a misunderstanding that’s been resolved.”

In its statement, the task force called the stop a “teachable moment.”

McKenstry was fined a total of $500 for five citations.

He was issued a $60 ticket for stopping in the middle of the street,
a $50 ticket for refusing to give the officer his license,
a $50 ticket for not having his registration,
and a $290 ticket for “willfully disobeying a lawful order.”
When McKenstry refused to sign those tickets, he was issued a $50 fine for that.

McKenstry pled guilty to the 5 tickets

Posts: 19573 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tries to talk smart but is one stupid fuck!
$500.00 Lol, what a douche bag!

"You can take your pistol and stick it so far up your ass, the muzzle of it is visible when you cough."

Posts: 1248 | Registered: February 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I didn't hear any sort of apology. He's not sorry and would've played a huge race card game if the officer hadn't had video rolling.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
We should have conversations beyond lawful demands.

Sure, skippee.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
What a dumb ass. All that for NOTHING, literally NOTHING.

Sorry officer, I didn't know I was impeding traffic. Let me find a better spot to stop and let my passenger out. Sorry for my mistake.

Done deal, case closed. Idiot.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, but then he couldn't throw his little tantrum. He couldn't do all that posturing.

You know. Like an adolescent would.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Dude is mentally 7 years old. Thing is though, 7 year olds have an excuse for acting like idiots. Way to go chief.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post