SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another example of colleges using students for left wing agenda
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another example of colleges using students for left wing agenda Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted
Amy Gutmann, President of UPenn, should be fired.

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10137

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
IIRC Penn is a private university and receives no public funding.

So as much as I disagree with the behavior, she should be free to dig her own grave using the University's tools and resources.

Will anyone at Penn disagree with her??

I doubt it.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Why does the term "useful idiots" immediately jump to mind?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
Yanert98 ~ I'm afraid I must disagree with your statement above concerning "no public funding" for the University of Pennsylvania...

A quick search confirmed what I have been told over the years that UPenn is one of the richest universities in the Ivy League... Actually, they rank #4 of the Top Ten Universities nationwide for the size of their Endowment, which presently stands at 12.2 BILLION dollars.

That piqued my interest a bit more, so I did some additional searching and find that among the wealthiest institutions, UPenn is again right at the top, receiving 80% of the amounts they expend for Research & Development from Federal Grants!

Please understand that I am in favor of an excellent Higher Education. One of my Daughters-in-Law is in fact a graduate of UPenn, and my ex-wife holds a BS degree earned at Northwestern on a full ride scholarship many years ago.

The tax-free nature of the Endowments and Federal largesse in the form of Grants would seem to me to be a remarkable gravy train that needs to have the brakes applied.

Using her bully pulpit as President of UPenn to recruit undergrad students to protect her institution's Gravy Train seems to be an abuse of both power and trust... But that's just my take on the situation.

Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
If they are using public funds then I have a problem.

Is there really any recourse for something like this?

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post