SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Finally. Goodbye CA
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally. Goodbye CA Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
Good for you, we escaped NJ 13 years ago for Utah, it's a great feeling.

Indeed it is...

13 years ago for me as well.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Texas!!

What part of DFW are you moving to?

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Normally, I’m for a total ban on all California immigration to the great state of Texas but an exception can be made for a gun loving sig forum member. When I was younger I wanted to move to California. I loved the amazing weather and scenery and all of the cool things that used to come from there, it’s so sad that no sane person would ever move there now.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Left in 1973 but went back off and on to visit my parents. When they left in 1988 visits drastically dropped off. Have fun in the great state of Texas.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

New Jersey.

Don't you need a passport to leave a third world country?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
It would be interesting to hear your views on what it is like comparing where you left, and what you have found in your new state.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:

IIRC California levied a state income tax on those who earned money while living in CA, but retired and moved out of CA, until SCOTUS said no.

And how are they going to collect?

That was one of the problems. Again, IIRC, they would send notices, file attachments on any assets left in the state, claim the money from the retirement fund if such fund had assets in CA, etc.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your escape!

I am positive you will find the newly found freedom and intelligence refreshing and rewarding.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Lucky you!! A great move. Best of luck in your new digs.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:

Twelve years and counting for me.

Congratulations to you Oddball.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I escaped in 1999.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to see you leave but I can't blame ya. Enjoy TX.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
I only know you from here obviously but damn that's good to hear. It's like reading a news story about a hostage rescue that goes right. Glad you made it out.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
First, it was Yogi Bear. Now, it's oddball. Congrats!

Revelation 18:4 - And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

And, don't forget, The Escape to Freedom Karma Wink

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats and good for you!

I moved out of California after 32 years in 1987. Was born and raised in Long Beach. Great place then to grow up. Today? Not so much. Miss my friends and one of my favorite bars in the world (Joe Jost’s) but … California? Not in the least.

Since leaving California, I have lived in nine different states (two twice). Would go back to any of them except California and Illinois (Chicago is still may favorite city to go to for music and food).

Good luck!

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your Calexit. Keep the shiny side up and rubber side down and may God be your copilot.

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Congrats, welcome to the US!

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
...When I was younger I wanted to move to California. I loved the amazing weather and scenery and all of the cool things that used to come from there...

I Wish They All Could Be California Girls 1965:

California Girls Today:

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Welcome to DFW, Texas! I came here 37 years ago after retiring from USAF and have really enjoyed my life here.

When you arrive and are back on line, do let us know where you've settled in. There are many SF folks in the DFW area and I'm sure we can gen up a welcoming dinner somewhere.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Welcome to DFW, Texas! I came here 37 years ago after retiring from USAF and have really enjoyed my life here.

When you arrive and are back on line, do let us know where you've settled in. There are many SF folks in the DFW area and I'm sure we can gen up a welcoming dinner somewhere.

flashguy

Just what I was thinking, a welcome party perhapse, but with guns, and booze, and bbq. So a regular party in Texas.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post