SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Finally. Goodbye CA
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally. Goodbye CA Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted
Wife and I are just about to drive away in our Uhaul truck with the rest of our belongings (including our handgun collection) straight to DFW Texas.

Finally Smile

Will change my location below when I get settled. Good luck to the rest of the CA folks.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Texas, welcome to free America !!!

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Safe travel and CONGRATULATIONS!

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
My EXIT plans are taking shape.

Posts: 1347 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gatopescado
posted Hide Post
I'm sure you'll like the Dallas area, I'm originally from Dallas myself. I live in Corpus now. The one thing I don't miss about Dallas is the traffic, but I love to go back and visit my folks and brothers when I can.

Posts: 994 | Location: South Texas | Registered: August 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Congrats and great move! I have an office in Dallas and have come to really enjoy my visits there. It just feels like freedom!

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Safe travels and Welcome to America!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
My drive out was memorable ... the U-Haul was ass-heavy, plus there was a wheels-up vehicle trailer. coming out of the Sierra Nevada mountains the front wheels didn't have quite enough weight on them to steer the truck around those turns at full speed ... Had to jam the transmission into low to slow me down. Eek

The smell of the high desert, coming through Joshua at dawn ...

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, a visit is O.K., I could never full time in CA.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Safe travels

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your escape! Safe travels, and Godspeed! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Congrats and welcome to freedom and mostly sanity!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you and your wife. Big Grin

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Good for you, we escaped NJ 13 years ago for Utah, it's a great feeling.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! It’s been almost 20 years since my wife and I left CA in the rear view mirror. Second smartest move I ever made (the first was proposing to my wife).

Posts: 478 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your escape......still working on my exit plan.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Texas and have a safe trip.

Posts: 5302 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your move, don’t forget to notify ICE and get your citizen ship changed or you will be illegal. Welcome to America.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your move back to the USA. You will love TX where you can live with less government control. There are pockets of liberals in TX you still have to watch out for.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post