SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Which wireless Earbuds have the best call quality?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which wireless Earbuds have the best call quality? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
UPDATE: Bought Airpods Pro since they were on sale for $179
My Plantronics Voyager Legend headset has been great, but recently is showing its age.

I am considering replacing it with some modern wireless earbuds. I am mostly concerned with call quality, particularly what the person on the other end hears when you are using these in everyday background noise - not silent environments where most do well. I mostly use this in a vehicle without a bluetooth option, pumping gas, going in a store, etc.

Anyone have some they find do a good job at this?

I am considering the Airpods Pro, Galaxy Plus, and possibly some others like Bose or Sony.

Listening to music would be a use, but not the deciding factor.

I have an Apple phone, but I am not bound to just Apple.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Oz_Shadow,

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I have no idea, but I have Jabra Elite 65t and they’re very good

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
APP's are pretty damn good. A newer version is on the way as well.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted January 13, 2021 12:40 PM Hide Post
I have no idea, but I have Jabra Elite 65t and they’re very good

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
They are great. Expensive but worth it. Wireless headset connects easily to Iphone and computer.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Definitely the AirPod Pro’s. Active Noise cancelling, transparency mode and now spatial audio.....absolutely fantastic earbuds.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4311 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Without spending studio ear monitor kind of money...

I have found the Apple airpod Pros to be the best for me. I used them to mix a live recording on my last flight and it turned out exceptional. Almost as good as if I did it through monitors, I did have to tweek some low end. They replaced a set of Bose which I found to be just meh overall and didn’t fit my ears well

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Bose Quiet Comfort as an easy choice.

They have extremely good noise cancellation that you can adjust to one of four levels and on the highest, I can't hear the Laserjet printing right next to me or cars on the street.

My secretary is highly annoyed when I wear them because she actual has to get out of her chair to talk to me. Wifey hates them to because it cuts her out too.

The battery life is excellent and call quality is very good. I was more impressed than I thought I'd be.

The negative is that it doesn't play back music quite as good as the Apple buds but the noise cancellation far, far more than makes up for it. I use these for work where I'm on the computer or phone for court appearances or depos and not a single time has anyone complained.

Posts: 4069 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnV:
Definitely the AirPod Pro’s. Active Noise cancelling, transparency mode and now spatial audio.....absolutely fantastic earbuds.

I agree. My wife spends 8 hours a day with these new AirPods in her ear and absolutely loves them.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Another vote for AirPod Pro. I was skeptical at first because I didn't want to jump all in with Apple but they're pretty damn good. Sync perfectly with an iPhone.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I love my Galaxy buds. They're excellent. But if you have an iPhone, you'd likely be better off with the pods. If you had a Samsung phone, I'd say the Galaxy buds hands down otherwise.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
timely thread,

I have a pair of wired Bose earbuds (no idea of model) that sound fantastic, but I am stuck to the laptop when I use them,

I have access to ExpertVoice and can get a really good discount on JBL bluetooth earbuds,

I have JBL speakers in the house (old school stereo) and wondering if anyone has any experience with the buds

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I've been considering buying. I have a couple of cheap wireless ones.

Currently, Sony WF-1000XM3 True Wireless Earbuds is supposed to be the best. I was looking into Jabra Elite 85t.

But I think I'll still hold off getting a premium as Sony which has the most operational life is still only 6 hours. I'll wait until the technology gets them to 16 hours like my wired Bose ear buds.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yep.

Posts: 1552 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
Love my AirPod Pros. I have some foam tips that make them even more comfortable. The sound is very good to me, though I admit to not being a full on audiophile. Battery life is good, and pairing is super easy.
Only issue is fear of losing them !

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob at the Beach
posted Hide Post
I have been looking as well. I got a IPad Air for work a few years ago. It works great. I am holding off to look at next generation of Ear pod pro.

https://www.tomsguide.com/news...ted%20by%20MacRumors.

Posts: 1473 | Location: Boardwalk, Va Beach | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of AfterShokz Aeropex. They have great call quality, and from what I hear from the people in the other end, the microphone quality is quite good.
The downside to these is that if you’re in a loud room, it makes it hard to hear, as these are bone conducting. Your ear canal is open. You can use ear plugs. This cuts out the ambient noise very well.

I haven’t used the AirPods Pro, but I don’t think you can go wrong with those either.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
This

I wasnt going to spend the money but I had a bunch of Best Buy Bucks that were going to expire so I took the plunge.

These are great. I use both of them in the gym (and as JohnV said, the active noise canceling is really good) and usually only one on calls. Sounds quality is excellent as I can judge from hearing other people that use them on the calls.

quote:

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know squat about ear phones and ear buds, and my ears are shot, but...

I got my wife a pair of the apple airpods (the noise-cancelling ones that just came out) for Christmas. She had a funny look when she opened them. Turns out she got me a pair, too. I have been carrying them along with a couple of tiny MP3 players, for use on flights and in airports and such.

They seem to last a long time (battery), and even in flight they eliminate enough background noise to hear music. I can't even hear the "we'll give you a gumball and a swedish fish if you sign up for our credit cards at 55% interest" announcements, which is nice.

I can't say much about music quality because I can't tell. I'm doing well to hear it and recognize it, but for my purposes, it seems just fine.

What I do like about them, vs. other in-ear listening devices I've tried, is that with other devices, I have to turn to volume up to hear them on a flight. With the noise cancelling, I can turn the volume down and hear it. They don't fall out of my ears, don't snag, and though they'll probably give me cancer one day, I'm likely to be long dead by then. Which is nice.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Airpod Pros all the way. I use mine for calls, youtube videos and mowing my grass on my 22 HP Kubota. I do tether them when on the mower in case a bush or tree branch dislodges one.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
After reading about them here, I bought a set of these. Not exactly earbuds (in the ear type) but very comfortable and last all day on a charge.
You can't see it but it has a built in mic and your ears are still open to outside sounds & conversation.

https://aftershokz.com/us/products/aeropex

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post