SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Which wireless Earbuds have the best call quality?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which wireless Earbuds have the best call quality? Login/Join 
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
How good are the AirPod Pro's if you're using an Android phone?

Thanks,
JP

Posts: 2048 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerBook
posted Hide Post
Totally agree!

quote:
Originally posted by JohnV:
Definitely the AirPod Pro’s. Active Noise cancelling, transparency mode and now spatial audio.....absolutely fantastic earbuds.

Posts: 1777 | Location: Ashburn, VA USA | Registered: June 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
After Shokz Aeropex users. This design is interesting. How does this work. This might be an excellent choice for my work situation. Right now I use ear plugs and put an over ear headphones under my welding helmet in a loud environment.
Would the Shokz work better? How durable are they because I would use them most of the day every day?

Posts: 7524 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
The Airpods Pro headphones went on sale for $179 so I grabbed some. So far, the call quality seems quite good. I have not tried them in a very noisy environment yet.

I will say the noise cancellation effect is kind of freaky. I turned it off listening in bed at night.

Spatial audio doesn't seem all that special to me so far. I know they are just now developing it. I am on the spatial audio firmware.

Overall music quality seems to be just fine. Nothing like a full size set of headphones but on par with some of my other wired buds like Shure and Klipsch.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
For a cheap option, I got a pair of these from a coworker for Christmas.

$20 on Amazon

Case charges the pods (like most wireless options, I imagine).
Quasi(passive)-noise canceling, work well in a motorcycle helmet. Audio quality is pretty good & no one has complained about call quality. Talked to my wife briefly while on the motorcycle & she said she could hear me fine, but had a bit more trouble hearing me in the grocery store.

https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bl...rproof/dp/B08KWJ9YND

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15307 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
My main problem is I have a lot of high frequency hearing loss. As it stands now I'm probably a decent candidate for hearing aids.

Posts: 7524 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
After Shokz Aeropex users. This design is interesting. How does this work. This might be an excellent choice for my work situation. Right now I use ear plugs and put an over ear headphones under my welding helmet in a loud environment.
Would the Shokz work better? How durable are they because I would use them most of the day every day?

I bought mine about 3 weeks ago so I can't say how they hold up long term yet. They seem well made and the charger cable works great and has an amazingly strong magnet. They come with two cables and earplugs in case you need them.
I'm in a shop mostly by myself so not a huge amount of loud background noise. Last week I did some TIG welding and forgot I was wearing them. Earbuds always felt like they were about to fall out (sometimes did) and that was distracting. When I got a call there was no problem hearing or talking even with a nearby welder and cooler running. What I had been concerned about was electronic interference from the welding but there wasn't any. The Bluetooth connection has been flawless and simple to set up.
They work by contacting the bones in front and behind the ear and leave your hearing/ears open as normal. Very comfortable to wear for me. The mic works well too. People I've asked notice no difference from me holding the phone up and talking normally. The mic is built in there somewhere so no boom.
They claim 8 hours use time but I've never talked that long in a day. Maybe someone working on the phone all day could tell you but I can't.
They seem to be the same price everywhere and aren't cheap (about $170) but I've wasted that much or more over the years looking at other options. I have a drawer full.
The bottom line, so far so good.

Posts: 9503 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
The Airpods Pro headphones went on sale for $179 so I grabbed some. So far, the call quality seems quite good. I have not tried them in a very noisy environment yet.

I will say the noise cancellation effect is kind of freaky. I turned it off listening in bed at night.

Spatial audio doesn't seem all that special to me so far. I know they are just now developing it. I am on the spatial audio firmware.

Overall music quality seems to be just fine. Nothing like a full size set of headphones but on par with some of my other wired buds like Shure and Klipsch.

Thanks for the suggestions!

The Spatial audio is only active when watching Disney+ or HBOMax...there MIGHT be another platform I'm not aware of but I know those 2 work. It definitely improves movie watching experience!

Transparency mode is incredible.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post