SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I HATE theives!!! --- Update Pg. 2
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I HATE theives!!! --- Update Pg. 2 Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:
Originally posted by Snapping Twig:
Thieves need to be hammered!

This.

I see it as narcissism when liberals downplay theft. I remember one particularly stupid libtard who said, "A thing can be replaced, but a life can not."

I retorted, "What does it take to obtain a 'thing?' You have to spend TIME at work, and what is your life other than the time you are granted here on earth?"

Commies/liberals are lawless. Seriously, when ever liberals are in charge, penalties for breaking laws are virtually ignored. Thus, Liberalism encourages lawlessness, which includes theft.

Thieves need to be hammered.

Things are bought with money, money represents time I spent doing a thing I'd rather not do, go to work, so that I can have the things I want. Stealing things is stealing little parts of my life. So when some moonbat bleeding heart fuckhead says, "is it really worth killing something for?" Yes. Yes it is. Don't wanna get shot? Then keep your dickbeaters off things that don't belong to you, because it's not worth dying for, but that doesn't mean it's not worth killing for.

Everything you said, just the way you said it!

I gots to give a plus a one to that!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Mad[/QUOTE]
The same thing happened to my daughter.
The only way to keep a bike on a college campus is to take it inside with you every night. Don't leave it in a bike rack outside.[/QUOTE]

A friend went to Wayne State University in Detroit 71-72. For locals, he lived at John R and Brush. Had a Triumph motorcycle. Used to keep it in his duplex's kitchen chained to the cast iron kitchen sink drain. That is until he moved after being held up at shotgun point in his living room one evening.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
This should happen to bike thieves:

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
If you're invested enough, take a weekend and hot every shop dealing in used bikes in the area. It's probably sitting on the rack waiting for a new owner.

This was a well known racket at Ohio State, to the point that people started selling the equivalent of bike VIN tags.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
an other that chipping the bike and lojacking it, there is not a single thing you can do ,
and that goes for the next three bikes as well.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54611 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
stealing bikes is very common on a college campus.
I was at work one day and said something about buying a bike. A few minutes later a guy approached me and told me he heard I wanted a bike. He asked what kind I wanted and what size I wanted. I was kinda shocked and asked if he had a bike store. He laughed and said kinda. He told me he could get what I wanted and told me a price. I asked around and the guys said yes he can. He buys stolen bikes from a college campus. My daughter was currently going to school there and had had hers stolen.

Of course I did not buy one.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
** UPDATE **

Well, as unbelievable as it may seem - the Cedar City Police just called my daughter and told her they recovered her bike! Apparently they arrested someone with a bunch of outstanding warrants, and when they searched his property, found about 50 stolen bicycles, including my daughters. We *never* expected this outcome!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Two thumbs up! Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
When I went to college the campus police used to pull students over all the time for various infractions. Every single time the ran the serial numbers. Confiscated bikes with filed off serial numbers. Stealing was a big problem, but the police actively tried to manage it.

Glad your daughter got her bike back. Get a seat leash as well.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Wow. That is great news. Doesn't happen often, lucky her.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post