SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Retired Chicago cop fatally shoots armed carjacker
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Retired Chicago cop fatally shoots armed carjacker Login/Join 
posted
Alternate subject line: Lazarick loses life

Never thought about using subject line: Gun violence claims another child

http://www.chicagotribune.com/...-20180425-story.html

Retired Chicago cop fatally shoots armed carjacker in Bridgeport, police say

Chicago Tribune staff

A retired Chicago police officer shot and killed a 20-year-old man who tried to carjack him in the Bridgeport neighborhood Wednesday night, authorities said.

The retired officer was in a car in the 2900 block of South Shields Avenue about 7:20 p.m. when three males walked up and one of them pointed a gun at him and demanded the car, police said.

The retired officer shot the gunman in the upper body, police said.

The Cook County medical examiner’s office identified him as Lazarick West of the 3400 block of West Grenshaw Street.

West was taken to Mercy Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 7:40 p.m., police said. The two people with him were arrested and charges were pending.

The shooting happened in the Area Central jurisdiction, but is being investigated by Area South detectives to avoid a conflict of interest, according to Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi.

Chicago saw its highest level of carjackings in at least a decade in 2017. Through the third week of April, the number of carjackings for 2018 has been close to matching those for last year, according to city data.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I love a happy ending.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
You point a gun at me? Im'ma decidedly gonna use mine first!

Cheers!

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I believe Illinois has the felony murder rule. Could be interesting for the accomplices.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
That would have never happened if Rich Daley still lived in Bridgeport.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:

Cheers!

I describe this to non-gun and other "non-violent" types, as the game of "Kill Me Kill You."

I don't want to play that game. But if I have to, I'm going to try my best. Regardless of the situation or weapon.

It's the goddamn golden rule, kinda. I'll treat you like you treat me.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised they didn't show his 6th grade picture in his Boy Scout uniform or in his alter boy robe carrying the bible.
But, as someone already stated, "A Happy Ending".

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the feel good story for the day

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Next!

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
See if they can find a guy named Jesus in Chicago.

Perhaps he may be able to raise Lazarick from the dead.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
It's the Chicago way, after all. Happy ending indeed. 3 for the price of 1.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:

Cheers!

I describe this to non-gun and other "non-violent" types, as the game of "Kill Me Kill You."

I don't want to play that game. But if I have to, I'm going to try my best. Regardless of the situation or weapon.

It's the goddamn golden rule, kinda. I'll treat you like you treat me.

Yes sir.
I always say that I will NEVER take a life but I'll reluctantly collect any that choose to give theirs away for the cost of a bad choice.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Righteous shooting

Posts: 185 | Location: Deep Creek Lake, MD, Stuart, FL.  | Registered: December 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Will you accept a Hey-suse?

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If he's got the mojo, sure.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Being that it’s Chicago, Lazarick can be expected to be significantly more politically active in the afterlife.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Lazarick earned some serious street cred in the hood. He forced a retired cop to killify him. It doesn't get better than that.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think he plays for the White Sox.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:

I see what you did there! Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post