SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does anyone own a Vaulttek personal safe?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone own a Vaulttek personal safe? Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
I'm thinking about a "nightstand" type safe.
I like the features of the Vault tek Pro series but don't want to drop $400 without hearing some non-biased reviews.

https://vaulteksafe.com/vaultek-provti/

I would be willing to entertain other options. Requirements are:
1 - Silent Entry / keypad. I don't want someone in the house knowing I am opening a safe.
2 - AC Backup.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Crob59
posted Hide Post
I have used many brands of personal/bedside safes over many years. Currently Vaultek safes are the ONLY small safes I will ever use. They are full of useful features and options and are very secure.
I use one in my car to lock up my carry gun when I cannot carry it into a bank etc. The battery life is phenomenal. I have the biometric finger print reading version and have stored more than one print. This makes it flawless in activation. They can also be Bluetooth activated from your phone. Our local gun store cannot keep them in stock.

The older I get, the dumber everyone else gets!

Posts: 10 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: April 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I have one Rolan.. so far so good. It’s pretty sturdy for what it is. If it was bolted down or hidden in a drawer it would definitely stack the odds in your favor. The fingerprint reader can be a touch finicky sometimes. You have to be sure you get your finger square on the reader.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post