SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Arby's at it again w/ awesome looking sandwichs
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arby's at it again w/ awesome looking sandwichs Login/Join 
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
I don't think there is an Arby's in SF. But if there were, they have to pay their employees a "living wage" so their sandwiches would cost $8.00 - $10.00 Smile

quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I gotta wonder what a $3.75 Iowa Arby's burger costs in SanFrancisco ?

( $8.00 ? or so)

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'm not even sure if that meat Arby's serves is even real meat or some kind of meat byproduct made into a slurry and formed into "roast beef".

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Ugh I was going to reply with something about Arby's but after reading the turd some virtue-signaling health-weenie had to lay in the thread, I'm more pissed about that, than I was eager to talk Arby's.

Lame. Thread miscreants. They suck.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7XeVEUK_7M

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hit Arby's once a week. Beef gyro meal with a side salad substituted for the fries. For fast food, it's not particularly unhealthy, tastes great, and the manager and staff at the one I go to (LaGrange, Kentucky) are courteous and accommodating to a fault.

I used to have that situation at a different Arby's, but they changed managers and the place went to the pits overnight. They periodically closed the dining area because of inadequate staffing, and even the drive through was shut down from time to time, due to running out of food or "computer problems."

It's amazing what a difference the manager makes at one of those places.

I understand Chic Fil A requires the owner/franchisee to actually work on site, which is probably a major reason they do so well.

Posts: 630 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:

I LOVE the Fillet O Fish sammich!
Or as I call it, the Quarter Flounder with cheese.

It's been my very favorite thing at McDonald's since I was about 5 years old. No one else can replicate it for some reason.

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
^ ^ ^ Yeah, me too for some unknown reason. The GF just rolls her eyes...

To paraphrase Douglas Adams, 'it's almost, but not quite, entirely unlike fish'. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15477 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I don't ever get the roast beef at Arby's but I do like the turkey gyro and the fish sandwich. And I like the spicy three pepper sauce.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

It's been my very favorite thing at McDonald's since I was about 5 years old. No one else can replicate it for some reason.

Without the damn tartar sauce, it's my Lenten lunch on Fridays.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Yeah the Arby's of old and the current fare are quite different. And no way do their advert pix come close to what they actually serve.

Last "meat" sandwich I had there was ordered with double meat because they are invariable way too meager with their portions. But it was a new item and the manager had no idea what to charge. PASS! And as tac would say BOLLOCKS!

Their two for $5 crispy fish sandwiches during Lent were quite good but I couldn't stand their hot spicy ones. Yuck. Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
The fact that we have three pages here devoted to the "merits" of junk food joints says a whole lot about the current state of American culture (and health).

I can't remember the last time I visited one of these calorie disasters. The stuff they serve is the same going in as it is going out.

And we have a 166 page thread on alcohol Roll Eyes

Shit that ain't nuttin, we haved 330 pages of cigar smoking nirvana, plus 460 pages of Glock lovin' we're all going ta hell in a hand basket I tell ya, heathens, miscreants, I bet a lot of folks here drive pickups too, oh the humanity. Razz

I'll take an Arbys King size extra sauce, curly fires and a iced tea....

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not even sure if that meat Arby's serves is even real meat or some kind of meat byproduct made into a slurry and formed into "roast beef".

That nonsense internet rumor of their meat being made from gel/liquidy stuff is nonsense.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/a...rbys-kitchen-2015-12

In relation they have some decently health options maybe a touch high on the sodium.

I splurged awhile back when the bad the venison sandwich.
$12 for sandwich drink and fry. It was pretty good though a little much on the seasoning.

They currently have after 2:00pm $1 sliders, small fries, cookies, and snack size shake.
Can’t say I don’t frequently slide in for 2 sliders and a shake as a 2:00 snack.
Used to be a small shake for $1 but they recently downsized to the snack shake.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hile:
quote:
quote:

Without the damn tartar sauce, it's my Lenten lunch on Fridays.

I've manage to make a REALLY close knock off.
I can duplicate the tartar sauce too.
My wife found a REALLY close patty that I salt before frying.
I found Heinz mayonnaise is the best for the sauce.
Helmans is next.

The tartar sauce has sugar and lemon juice in it.
Along with sweet relish and minced onions a little salt and black pepper.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

or a Filet of what may be fish at Mcdonalds,,

they do a double filet of what may be fish here as well, with a slice of cheese on each,

it is mighty tasty

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10419 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Thanks. Now I want a roast beef sandwich.

Arby's is roast beef only in the technical sense. However, when they were still around, Roy Rogers Restaurants had REAL roast beef, and it was delicious. They also had the best bbq sauce in the world. Sadly, all the RR restaurants in the area are gone.

Lion's Choice in St Louis has spoiled me for any fast food roast beef. So good !

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
"Quarter Flounder with Cheese"
Man, they really missed out on that one. Kinda like how jet ski's should have been called "Boatercycles". Wink

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a loaded spicy italian for lunch, pretty good

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
figured out how they stay open ,
by charging an extra 90 cents per sandwich.

The average "go in and sit down" and dine place here will cost $10.75 with the tip, per person.

I paid $9.10 ( incld. tax )for a small and a med. sandwich and lrg. ice water at the drive through

CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
One advantage of sushi Big Grin

Ive been craving that for quite some time. May have to give in and get some today.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
When ever I think of Arby's or eat there I think of this and chuckle

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post